Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looks like DFASTEST raffle was cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh please, get off his back. He tried something and it didn't work, get over it.

If you're annoyed at losing $100 (which you shouldn't be if you choose to refund your money, and instead are just annoyed at not having the chance to win a free car), find something more important to worry about.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
HRS1
Advanced

Default ethics

So if you dont "buy" my first point of if you say your going to do something do it, dont back out because you can make more money or decide in the end to keep the car.

2nd point...How is this for ethics:

On the 11th I received a letter (sent out on the 7th) indicating that:

"Any refund requests received after May 29,2004 WILL NOT BE HONORED"

So if I or someone else were out of town traveling or whatever, They keep my money. Doesnt sound ethical to me.

This is so wrong. The right thing to do is just to send refunds back, not put such a small window time-frame on responding, and assume non-respondants are donating money.

Look, for me a couple of hundreds are not going to make a lifestyle change for me, however there are some people it may matter to. Also what about the interest etc..Advertising expense is their decision not ours...
Old 05-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

If several hundred dollars are going to change anyone's lifestyle, then they shouldn't be donating that money in the first place in an effort to get a 500 hp car...

And I'm pretty sure he paid his own advertising, as he mentioned above.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, HRS1, You are a .....character. You know I had no dealings with money from the charity. They made the decisions. The Nevada Gaming Commission and the charities are the ones who decided on the deadline for returns in order to keep the books straight. Tell you what, I am more disappointed than you are this didn't work out. If you don't get your money, here it is in writing, I will personally give you a refund and if I can, I'll bring it to you as I am interested in meeting a person so quick to point a finger when things don't go your way. I already spent all advertising money up front out of my own pocket, no complaints. I've been blessed as I said before to lead the life I lead and earn the money I do. Shame on you for being the way you are when judging by the cars you drive, you seem to be doing just as well or better than most. Shame on you. This was for kids! Why does anyone have to assume I'm getting something out of this. Some of you amaze me! Unbelievable.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm going to add my two cents to this one.

Kurt - Well said.

HRS1 - Apparently you haven't spent much time on this board but DFASTEST (Joe) is hardly a scam artist. He's been posting on this board for sometime now and is a pretty honest Joe (no pun intended).

unfortunately this raffle didn't work out and the communication of the cancellation was poor. So what!!!!! You can pick at the fine print or the loop holes all day in any situation. Find something better to do with your time. You'll get your money back.

I think the spirit of this event was somehow lost in the lust of getting a fast car. It's unfortunate as the only person to be out anything will be DFASTEST.

While I have only spoke to Joe once I quickly realized his personal passion and commitment to these charities (this was before the raffle came up and he was just a Rennlister) and will vouch that this was no scam, but an honest attempt to raise some money for a charity that he has a personal connection with.

Request your refunds and relax. If your that concerned with the interest lost on a few hundred bucks, use Dino instead of synthetic on your next oil change. For those of you are are really upset and want to argue the fine points, be sure to amend your taxes to state that you gave $100 less to charity.

DFASTEST, next time you're in PHX, look me up and I'll buy you a drink.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe some of the responses. Simply amazing.

Ditto on Jeremys offer. If you're ever up in this neck of the woods DFASTEST then the refreshment is on me.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah, same here... Dfastest, if you come through KC, drop me a line, and dinner is on me, and I am sure some of the KC Wrenching Society members would be happy to buy the beers!

Regards,
Old 05-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jeremy Himsel
For those of you are are really upset and want to argue the fine points, be sure to amend your taxes to state that you gave $100 less to charity.
Not sure what you mean. If tax laws are similar to the ones up here, no tax receipts would be issued for a lottery. For a donation tax exemption, the organizations would have to be a registered charity, and they would have to issue a receipt.

Is that not how it works in the U.S.?

Last edited by Peckster; 05-12-2004 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:29 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Joe- I think (as posted in other topics) your idea and effort was truly noble and I still think you are a great guy.

mike
Old 05-13-2004, 01:53 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know, It was my fault for letting the few sour people get to me cause the rest of you guys give me a warm fuzzy feeling every time I get on here. You guys are the best, thanks.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally posted by DFASTEST951
You know, It was my fault for letting the few sour people get to me cause the rest of you guys give me a warm fuzzy feeling every time I get on here. You guys are the best, thanks.
Warm fuzzy feeling? That's not necessarily be a good thing. You might want to check you're not leaving behind a wet spot...

Your heart is in the right place and that's what counts.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Tony
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 584 Likes on 305 Posts

Does anyone here know him personally?

Yup, had a few beers with him last fall. Got to drive in the car. Hopefully when i get my Supercharged 928 done in a month or so, i can return the favor of an even FASTER ride.

Quick Reply: Looks like DFASTEST raffle was cancelled