Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looks like DFASTEST raffle was cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts

I think Powerhaus should at least take the raffle page down if not actually put up a note about the cancellation.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:51 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am surprised there is not an offical notice from him on Rennlist too...
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
tuna2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad that I read this post

I am all for the charity, but i can safely say that i would have been extremely pissed off if memorial day came around and I found out that my $100.00 turned into a straight donation without being asked. I was moved by the guys story and quickly bought a ticket knowing that the prize was disproportionate to the raffle collections. I also was a little suspicious at the delay in the raffle brought on by a overwhelming demand that was somehow remedied by cutting the number of tickets in half, but remained silent because I knew that despite the woes this was for a good cause.

DFASTEST, you are probably saying the same thing as me right now....you try and do something nice and see what it gets ya.

I should have been notified end of story.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:09 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, it's me. For those of you who bought a ticket and who believed in the cause, thanks. I didn't know the ticket sales were so bad. I helped take in the ones for the PayPal account. I guess the market for our cars is a small one like someone here said. Each and every ticket holder is documented and all notices sent out already. Even more so, I actually put up all the money for advertising. I'm the one that's out the money, all of it. The charities didn't even have the money to pay for advertising so I did it for them. I have been extremely blessed in the life I lead and the money God has allowed me to earn, so I'm not complaining at all. I can't relate to my Father and his wife for their loss as I am not a parent. All I know is I witnessed the change in both of their lives that affected both their mental and physical health. I just wanted to do a good thing. It's a hell of a car. The rules of the raffle according to the Nevada Gaming Commission state that only residents of the U.S. were allowed to participate.
To those of you who have negative words to say....two of you I want to find and confront you personally, but my better nature, as a respectful rennlist member, stops me from saying anything that would bring me down to your level. Shame on you. Especially since I let my families loss public knowledge. I meant nothing but the best to come out of this.
There were a few of you who expressed your disappointment in the cancellation, but donated anyway. On behalf of both charities, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
I'm going to sell the car or put it up for auction. If I don't get an acceptable offer, I'll keep it. I'll be around. Take care all.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:18 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Good of you to post here, sorry it did not work out. Are you giving the proceeds of the sale to the charity still? Would be good to keep the car Rennlist local in many ways!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:24 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would love to sell the car to a rennlist member, if that's what you meant, but from what I've seen here, a lot of people like to do their own work and are really looking for deals and steals. My car just isn't that kind of car. I had the best tuner, the fastest car, all restored, and a warranty too. So as much as I would love a rennlister to have it, I doubt that will happen. People here like to tune their cars. Mine is one you get in and go. No tuning necessary. If you did mess with it, it would probably mess it up. Anyway, it's for sale and/or going up for auction. Otherwise like I said. I'll keep it.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:29 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I think you were right on the button, I think TonyG may have found a similar experience though yours is a step further again. I think myswiss bought TonyG's car. So will proceeds go to the charity? How much are you expecting the sell price to be?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally posted by tuna2
I am glad that I read this post
I should have been notified end of story.
Check your snailmail, I got a letter from the SMVEF yesterday.

I'm not complaining too hard about the cancellation, the odds were good and the goal was honorable. DFASTEST - the letter mentioned that the charities would use any donations to cover their advertising expenses, but apparently you've got that covered. I'm happy to turn my tickets into a donation - will the donation be used directly for the charities' programs?

Good on you for trying to use the tools at hand to make something good happen, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw that you tried to advertise, even on Autotrader. Sorry I don't have the cash, or I would buy it outright!

I love black 951s, but I don't have the moola yet.

- Julie
Old 05-11-2004, 02:35 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

How much are you going to ask for it?

Hijack - how'd you get your taillights black? I'd love to do that to mine
Old 05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
jjguitarranch

Rennlist Member

I had a feeling the raffle would end up this way but I bought a ticket anyway. Thought it was for a good cause and that is a remarkable car. I would have allowed the charity to keep the ticket money but this whole deal is so poorly organised I have requested a refund. I really don't care so long as I get my money back. I am truly sorry for the family that is dealing with this tragedy.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:37 PM
HRS1
Advanced

Thumbs down SCAM

Dont know why people are being nice to this scammer.

You had a deal, you postpone and than you cancel. YOU ARE AN OPPORTUNIST.

Be a man and stick to your word. ITS to charity anyways. right??????????

glad I havent crossed your path in peronal or business matters
Old 05-11-2004, 10:39 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Default Re: SCAM

Originally posted by HRS1
Dont know why people are being nice to this scammer.

You had a deal, you postpone and than you cancel. YOU ARE AN OPPORTUNIST.

Be a man and stick to your word. ITS to charity anyways. right??????????

glad I havent crossed your path in peronal or business matters
Ouch.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:50 AM
951carter
Racer

I felt that something was not right with this from the beginning.
If you read the ad very carefully, it appeared that there were supposed to be 7,000 tickets sold at $100 a piece. It was worded very tricky, but if you deciphered it, it seemed that only the proceeds for 3500 were going to be split between 2 charities.
Do the math......somebody is making $350,000 out of the deal. I addressed this concern to the thread on the list but the question was avoided, kind of like the one above (about if the proceeds from the sale of the car were going to be donated).

I am not trying to point fingers here, but that was a concern of mine that I wanted addressed before I bought in, and I never got an answer, so I never bought in.

Pull out your old issue of Excellence and re-read the, carefully and you will see what I mean.

Here is a quote from the original ad placed here on rennlist

"Ticket are $100 each and 7000 is the limit. Drawing to be held December 22. Put this on your Christmas List. I have arranged for all rennlisters to have the first opportunity to support this cause. I have never met a better group of people devoted to all things Porsche. Should one of you you win, I will hand over the title confident that my car will go to a good home. I have also arranged to donate $1000 to John D. and the list if 3000 tickets are sold through here and $1000 for every thousand sold thereafter as a result of your help to a total of $5000 if we reach our goal of 7000 tickets sold through rennlist. That is 3500 tickets between two well deserving charities. Just write rennlist on your ticket. Since the tickets are tax deductible, this is a win-win situation for all. Thank you for your generosity and good luck!"

Note where it says "That is 3500 tickets BETWEEN two charities."

If it was 3500 PER charity, it would definitely say that.

Here is a link to where I asked about that way back then, you can see how it was ignored.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...e&pagenumber=5

If I am wrong about this, I am truly sorry. It turns my gut to see people try to profit in the name of charity, but it happens every day.

Last edited by 951carter; 05-12-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts

If it was just for charity, I would suppose he gets the same writeoff if the charities sell it, raffle it, or bury it in the yard. I doubt he could get more for the charities if he sold it and donated cash, and this way there is the trouble of refunding the money and the general bad feelings.

If he sold it, and got $50K, that's $25K per charity. If the raffle had sold only 1000 tickets that's twice that.

Hmmm

Quick Reply: Looks like DFASTEST raffle was cancelled