Hey NZ,
Please post your final results when you're
done O.K ?
Old 05-08-2004, 08:23 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on guys please. Let's all be friends and try and get along. We all have argument's and debate's. We are all friends here and all share common idea's and goal's. Let's put the bs stuff behind us. Horsepower farm I have read lot's of your posts and you are a good guy and a great assest to rennlist. NZ you are serious assest to rennlist as well. I am sure if you guy's lived near one another this could all be settled over a few laughs and some beer's.

Rennlist rules. What makes rennlist so special(everyone already knows this but, I will say it anyway) is the people. I love coming here and finding something new out everyday. Both of you guy's are too smart to waste your time with this stuff.

For instance yall could be answering my dumbass question's. I have alot of them.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:29 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, just like what porshhhh951 (good words). We ALL here are one BIG family, respect is a MUST !
Old 05-08-2004, 01:12 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you trying to show us, is there a question involved, the results look ok to me but not anything to write home about.
Its Just information. I don't think he was trying to prove anything here. I for one much appreciate posts like this. Its one thing to hear people say, "It spools around X psi by X Rpm". Its an even better one to have someone post quantitative data.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:42 PM
mumzer
Racer

the problem here is that NZ is a no-tech havin' doofus who seems to get his rocks off by making pointless posts about such fascinating technical topics as "gone burgers" wiper arms.

nobody cares. this thread is another exercise in bandwidth consumption posting an answer with no question.

there are easily a dozen folks here who have offline conversations about the inanity of it all on a routine basis. My daily activites are frequently punctuated by IM traffic such as,

"did you see what that doofus posted now?" and then a link to a thread about ketchup and mustard interiors or stereo equipment on his "race" car.

I think folks object to the mindlessness of it, because much of the time, the only objective seems to be to spin up the post counter.

its UBB Spam.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:11 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

I really don't get it at all. I am at a total loss. Yes, He is emphatic about things that he's doing, but ****, who doesn't get that excited about his Porsche? I know I get just as excited as he does about my projects and I bet I have just as many going at once too.

This post is a good one. It shows the spool characteristics of a Compressor/Turbine Combo that people may be interested in.

NZ posts alot of good info, like this post. Isn't that what the forum is about?
Old 05-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for sharing NZ, that's an interesting graph.

Those of you who aren't interested in the information in this post, just ignore it and go read another thread. No need to post..
Old 05-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by mumzer
the problem here is that NZ is a no-tech havin' doofus who seems to get his rocks off by making pointless posts about such fascinating technical topics as "gone burgers" wiper arms.

nobody cares. this thread is another exercise in bandwidth consumption posting an answer with no question.

there are easily a dozen folks here who have offline conversations about the inanity of it all on a routine basis. My daily activites are frequently punctuated by IM traffic such as,

"did you see what that doofus posted now?" and then a link to a thread about ketchup and mustard interiors or stereo equipment on his "race" car.

I think folks object to the mindlessness of it, because much of the time, the only objective seems to be to spin up the post counter.

its UBB Spam.
You enjoy your offline conversations as I will mine, but we don't care what you have to say offline. I don't go saying well joe said this and I feel the same way, therefore we are god of the universe, ruler of rennlist. NZ is a great guy, and what he has to say is worth somtheing to most of us here. if it isn't to you, then ignore it. Don't get your panties in a bunch over such unimportant things in life and worry about not getting shot or hit by a bus, allright?

Have a nice day!

~Eyal
Old 05-08-2004, 05:58 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good points J Chen, John, Duke etc... I was not looking forward to the backlash after a nights sleep! Its just a hassle trying to defend a position about something, and it does not add to the community at all. My car is a daily driver I dont race it as such (cant afford to lose it), some drag racing and PCNZ events, sorry if I ever gave the impression it was a race car mumzer.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:00 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Well I usually stay out of these little fights but I have to say the information NZ951 posted here is interesting to me. I tried to get B951S to do a third gear run with his turbo to see what it spooled like but he just ignored my post and nobody flamed him when he posted on this same subject in this thread

Anyway NZ951 I would like to see this same thing once you get your boost control worked out. Good luck
Old 05-08-2004, 06:07 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Thanks Tom, I need to sort the gobble (thinking compressor surge) before I do higher psi runs, so I am off the WG spring in the mean time. I got pretty much nailed by a 928 GTS on a country road (ish) yesterday. Not happy, at 11-12psi I he pulled away what I would consider pretty easily (maybe 3 car lengths by 160kph). And its annoying cos thats only the second time in over a year I have come accross a P-car owner and we could do that kind of thing, so mad.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Turby
Banned

Originally posted by horsepowerfarm
NZ,

What are you trying to show us, is there a question involved, the results look ok to me but not anything to write home about.
I personally thought this was a bit rude, But before someone points this out, I know nobody asked me!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:33 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NZ I am surprised you lost to a GTS. They are heavy pigs and dont make near the hp a modded 951 can. Most are about 300-305rwhp and weigh 3600lb's. Ofcourse he could have easily been modded himself. Most of them though just do the usual bolt on's nothing serious. Get your boost sorted out and you will be handing him his *** on a silver platter. MY dad's s4 put down 286rwhp and I was walking him with lbe, and shims.lol. It's too bad they weigh so much cause the motor's do make the hp.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:47 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I dont know if it had many mods, but it did have aftermarket wheels and exhaust, so you never know... was a very nice view from behind! Remember I was at 11-12 psi...
Old 05-08-2004, 11:24 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

With your mods he should not walk away from you like that. Something's wrong with your car.

Quick Reply: 60-1 HIFI Stage 3 #8 Boost curve