Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone tested an AFM Vitesse chip?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Blueman33
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tested an AFM Vitesse chip?

Anyone tested John's chip against whatever chip they were running?

Is the chip programmed for 15psi, 18 psi? 2.5 bar FPR, 3 bar FPR.

Any info appreciated.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone took a stock engine 951 and tested several chips?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:53 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I am just about 100% positive that Johns chips are very specifically burned for a specific application, and probably aren't intended to be used in a "generic" sense. It would be unfair to John to use his chips outside their intended application and then post the "results".

I am sure John will be glad to speak up on this. Also, John, if you are reading this, I will *finally* be back home tomorrow evening and promise to ship you that block... its been a long trip...

Regards,
Old 05-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have a set of John's AFM chips installed in a stock 951 with an accuboost and 38mm tial set to 15psi on 91 octane. I will post dyno charts soon. I'll be swapping the computers out during the dyno run with autothority and guru chips as well. I just need to get some free time from work.

My experience with the Vitesse stuff is you get more then what you paid for so I expect good things from the chips. Anyone want to chip in on the dyno costs? How about $1 for each chart viewed?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Blueman33
Pro

I am just about 100% positive that Johns chips are very specifically burned for a specific application, and probably aren't intended to be used in a "generic" sense. It would be unfair to John to use his chips outside their intended application and then post the "results".

That's not my understanding. The website states, AFM chips, MAF chips, Custom chips.

JEREMY- I would be really interested in seeing those dynos!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sh944 is correct to a certain degree. If you call John and tell him what you have he'll get you a chip for it. John errs on the side of caution and I'd be surprised if he sold a single chip wihout asking about mods, octane, etc. While I'm sure his chips will have a ton of flexibility, he will make sure what you recieve will not require fifteen revisions to make power and still have decent drivability. John also believes in the "most power under the curve" instead of peak numbers and that's what I'm looking for. Peak power is for bragging on the v-tec boards.

I'm interested in the results myself.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:00 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

The AFM chips are the creation of TT. We work together on many projects, Jeremy has a set to try out. We shall see the results...
As with any of the kits or chips that Vitesse offers, I do not recommend running more than 15psi on pump gas... Yes I can play with timing to allow you to run 17psi boost, but what's the pointe? Timing is what wakes up the 951.. With the stock turbo, at 15psi boost, the turbo can't keep up past 4800rpm... Increase the boost, and you have an "inverted V" shape for the power and torque curve..
Old 05-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Blueman33
Pro

Jeremy has a set to try out. We shall see the results...

i will be waiting in anticipation. i am on my third set of chips and (ok, flame me on how these suck so bad)but the first one (from PO) was the best, no stumbling, set you into your seat on accerleration, idled well, totally driveable and smooth. APE.

i know, eveyone says they suck, but that's my experience with the three chips (two brands) i have used.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:00 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Well,
Sense John mentioned it and with TT's blessing....
I've been running TT's AFM chips sense Christmas and they are great.
These guys really know a lot about the 951 and TT dived into the code and reverse engineered to uncover tons of tweeks. He has my car running great and fast with lots of mods that no other chip developer has discovered. The stumbling issues I have had as boost builds have been totally tuned out.
Thanks TT and I think we will all see some great things coming out of his work with John at Vitesse. What a Team...Dare I say...the 951 'Dream Team'
I look fwd to helping in any way I can.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Billy W
Racer

Bluemann33 if you do a search under my user name you will see that I did a back to back dyno with like 5 chips on a stock car except for an Ansa cat back. The car had about 100k on the clock at the time. Fast 951 did not have chips out then, I would love to try them to see how they stack up. The winner of the day was Danno's chips with 240rwhp which was 20hp over the second place winner. The curve looked good and the A/F ratio was spot on. Oh and just one last point the guru chips were the 15th pull and the place did not have a fan infront of the car, so the number might have been higher if not for heat soak.

Quick Reply: Anyone tested an AFM Vitesse chip?