Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Any Link users seen this (problem with rich start)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Link users seen this (problem with rich start)?

So on Friday my car's running fine during the morning and afternoon. That night it starts this behavior:
When you start the car it starts right up, but then feels like it's just dumping fuel. It starts this slow chugga-chugga and will only stay running if you press the gas and get the RPMs above 1.5K. It seems to be stuck in zones 500 and 505 for idle now whereas it's normally 305 in idle. The mix is so rich it drops off the lower end of the wideband scale. I just tried replacing the DME relay with a brand new one and the problem is still the same. All the hoses, belts, and connections look okay to me. I haven't made any changes to the car in the last three weeks and it was running fine before this started.

Using Link1 with 55# injectors - setup hasn't changed since for months. Injectors are maybe 6 months old. Happens on warm or cold start.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I had that problem when my engine was new and the rings wasn't sealing that well when cold. I had very little vacuum, about 90-95kpa instead of the normal 35-40kpa. I just dialed back fuel by -25 to -40% in those 500-505, 600-605 zones.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks danno. Okay- that's easy enough to do. But I don't think it's a ring issue for me, engine is not new and nothing has been done to it in the last couple of months. I suspect I should start looking for vacuum leaks? Crap.

Quick Reply: Any Link users seen this (problem with rich start)?