Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hand Held Wideband/Computer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 04:15 PM
slim_boy_fat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you plug a boost line into it so you can data log A/F RPM & Boost?

Surely you must have a continuous boost reading fed into the data logger for it to be of any value.. How much is it?
Old 05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You need their aux input cable, then an inductive clamp to do RPM and a map sensor to do boost. Steven has already posted price.

Sam
Old 05-04-2004, 05:55 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get one of the GM 3-bar MAP pressure sensors and follow the directions on http://lagunamiata.home.att.net/engine.htm under the LM-1 link you can do your boost/vacuum logging for less money. The inductive clamp and the signal they are working with on it is the only thing that catches me out right now on being able to record RPM. Just have a lot of other money to spend on the car right now before getting to that, but if I could do it more inexpensively it would be nice. You can of course easily pick up throttle position sensor and AFM as well or anything else that would be up to like 5 volts for the signal to datalog. You could see hitting the gas, then the airflow signal increase, boost going up and your AFR as you run the acceleration. If you know your starting and ending RPM as reported on the tach, you could extrapolate roughly from there. Just one of my many thoughts for this very useful tool

Quick Reply: Hand Held Wideband/Computer