Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A clip from the video cd's what went out.(chris lists his mods for fun)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 09:51 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A clip from the video cd's what went out.(chris lists his mods for fun)

*****Please absolutely NO CROSSPOSTING***** If this get's to other sites my server will crash. 944xrated this means YOU!

I was bored as hell so I decided to show something you guy's haden't seen before. I think some of you saw a couple of our races in that top gun video but, you didn't see what happened before the races. Chris still forgot to list some of his mods like 255lb pump, and 550cc injectors ect.ect. But, you do get the point. He has 20grand in that car. I don't respect turbo import's unless they are muscle like vr4's,supra's,300zx tt. His car is the exception though. Runs like a scalled ape. Just the other weekend he put a few links on a 306 small block,gutted interior coupe w/ a fully built motor(head's,cam,pistons,rods,lifter's) with a 175wet shot of nitrous all on Et street's.lol. The stang guy was laughing the hole time about having to run this integra until he got wupped.lol. Watch out just because its says acura doesnt mean it aint fast.

Anyways here is a clip of our fun.
modracing.net/videos/Chris_vs_John.MPG

oh and let me know if for some reason it don't work. It should but, my history with these things has led me to believe I am currsed.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... I'm impressed at how well he did against you.

I came across a Civic Si hatch back the last time I was at the track and it was set up with a GReddy turbo kit. It's acceleration performance was pretty impressive for a 1.6L or 1.8L - I don't imagine this Civic had as many go fast goodies. ie pistons, cams etc

Seems to me that spending 20 grand in upgrades for something like 300-350 whp is pointless - get up into the 450-500 whp range then we're talking.

Cool video though. Thanks

Vic
Old 05-02-2004, 05:04 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah his car will walk vette's all day long. Those run's were done with my low boost setting at 16psi. I have some run's with him against me when I run 20psi but, there are not as good. I pull pretty hard from the start and just keep pulling. On my low boost setting though his runs within a couple cars of me with ease. Part of the 20k was because this is his second motor in the car. Once he get's hondata and larger injector's he can really turn up the boost then watch out. I might be the one getting walked even on my high setting. They are shooting for 440-460fwhp on 18psi on boost with hondata. Right now he is only pushing 9psi.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:29 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is my CD still coming or did you decide to axe it? Just curious, not busting *****...
Old 05-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Penz
Intermediate

From seeing people use Hondata, it never worked well. I have 2 friends that are brothers. They both have 91ish civic hatchbacks with turbos. No greddy kits are anything like that, all custom. They tried hondata on one and it would never run right after they did it.
The other civic, he hooks up a laptop and has some software so that he can tune while driving around. I drove it last week, and damn is it fast! I couldn't believe the power. It has 330fwhp with 12psi and that car doesn't weight much. It has a turbo from a 80's thunderbird turbo coupe. He is selling it and getting a bigger one. First 3 gears are worthless because it gets no traction. He is getting slicks and taking it to the track sometime. He thinks it will do low 12's, if not into the 11's.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

So, from 9 psi @ 1.8L of displacement, his Acura is only a couple of car lengths behind you - compared to you running 16 psi @ 2.5L

Is there something wrong with this picture??

Obviously, overall weight is a factor but still... Do setup's like this typically put down the 440 fwhp @ 18 psi?

I can't see how that power would ever be put down to the road efficiently on a FWD car.

Still, that little car is movin' for only pushin' 9 psi.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:40 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

he is putting down 305fwhp now @ 9psi. This setup with hondata and 18psi with 850cc injectors will put down 450. Kenny from Jotec MotorSports is the one that is doing the car. For point of referrence Kenny's integra that he races put's down 580fwhp. Whoever told you that hondata messed up there car didn't know wtf they were doing. Maybe they ordered the wrong option's maybe, they didn't install it correctly, or maybe they just didn't know what did what. Hondata is a pretty good system. You can buy basic hondata setup's for around 700bucks. One like chris's is going to cost you more like 1100. Pauerman to answer your question do setups like this normally put out 450hp......I don't know forsure because this is the only turbo import I know of with this much work and money in it. I have run dozens's of turbocharged import's, civic's,integra's,rsx's,hell I even ran a saturn with a turbo. I have never seen a economy import with a turbo that ran like this one(let's not kid ourselves a integra is a economy car). Japanese muscle is something completely different(i.e.vr4's,supra's,300zxtt's, 3rd gen rx7's ect.) I have video of his dyno as well if you don't believe it.

His car with him in it weigh's 2800. His car makes 305whp and 207tq
my car with me in it weigh's 3300. I have no idea how much hp my car makes.

Those runs were all on low boost. On higher boost I walk him pretty good.
Pauerman I think what you have to understand is he also has a fully built motor with all the trimmings. Ve mods make a difference cam's,head's ect. I will have to repost our next set of races whenever he get's larger injector's and hondata....along with his dyno run to prove that as well. I think I am going to get walked to tell you the truth though.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:44 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh sorry NZ yeah your cd went out. It ended up only costing me 5 buck's so not that bad. They said it all depends on New Zealand. He would think a week at the most but, he also said two weeks would be possible. I would like everyone to post or atleast pm whenever you guy's start getting them in the mail.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Penz
Intermediate

Originally posted by porshhhh951
Whoever told you that hondata messed up there car didn't know wtf they were doing. Maybe they ordered the wrong option's maybe, they didn't install it correctly, or maybe they just didn't know what did what. Hondata is a pretty good system.
I asked his friend about it (work with him) and he said the kid that did it, had no idea what he was doing. Once he got back, his brother yelled at him for taking it to him because he knew that kid that tried using the Hondata. haha
So, you are right and I hope I didn't confuse you too much.
The 330fwhp hatchback I drove, looks a lot faster then that integra but it is really hard to tell from a video. I've seen your accleration vids too and this civic seemed to pull a good amount better then your car in the videos. But, like said, there just videos and not real life.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:24 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

As a former Integra GS-R owner (an original 92), thats one fast Teg.

That said, I think he would have been smarter to take all that money and buy an NSX for the same dollars. More car, better car, same price, better resale, serviced by the dealer.

I do appreciate the effort on the Teg though. As long as the owner realizes he was going to take a bath on the investment. Different strokes for different folks!
Old 05-03-2004, 04:09 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Thanks John, sorry didnt see your post... can I paypal you some cash?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:54 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

no no man how many times I gotta tell ya. I mean your video cd's done out the door with package and shipping and all was only about 11 bucks! I mean come on 11 dollers. I aint that broke. What was making it all add up was the fact that I had to ship out 22 set's of them.ouch but, hey that was my undertaking. You don't owe me squat. This was is rennlst is all about. Doing favor's for one another. I mean after all it's kinda cool that so many people wanted to see my car. Seeing how its nothing special I took it apon myself to do this no one else. It's all done and taken care of now anyways so it's all good.

I tell you what you can do. You can make video's of your car in action and send me some stuff someday. Then we will call it even. Cool?

Oh as far as the civic hatch with 330 at the wheels. I wish he was a local so we really could race ...sounds like he has a fast car. The best econo turbo car I have ever raced was chris's integra. Of my japan factory turbo car's I have raced. The fastest one I have run into was a Gst with a fully built motor, motec standalone, Bob Norwood tune, 20g turbo, pushing 20psi of boost making 370 at the front wheels. Oh yeah btw he got walked too.

It's just been my expeirence that most turbo imports arent that fast. I mean he had 370 at the wheels he should be atleast be able to beat my bolt on 944turbo right.....it just go's to show you can make anything fast....but, a car that was ment to be fast from the factory when modded takes on a hole new meaning.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:05 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I am buying a camera very soon! I will show you some 1/4 runs!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:58 AM
daniel951
Race Car

porshhhh951 i received my cd yesterday thanks again. I might be getting some video soon so i will let you know. We are going to be heading up to the bigger cd's. If you wouldn't mind i will put my friends cars in action as well Supra TT (BPU), 300zx TT(modded), Vr4, My car, etc...
Old 05-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Penz
Intermediate

Originally posted by porshhhh951

Oh as far as the civic hatch with 330 at the wheels. I wish he was a local so we really could race ...sounds like he has a fast car. The best econo turbo car I have ever raced was chris's integra. Of my japan factory turbo car's I have raced. The fastest one I have run into was a Gst with a fully built motor, motec standalone, Bob Norwood tune, 20g turbo, pushing 20psi of boost making 370 at the front wheels. Oh yeah btw he got walked too.

It's just been my expeirence that most turbo imports arent that fast. I mean he had 370 at the wheels he should be atleast be able to beat my bolt on 944turbo right.....it just go's to show you can make anything fast....but, a car that was ment to be fast from the factory when modded takes on a hole new meaning.
yeah, that is sad the gst couldn't pull your 944. thats a ton of work done to that car and to get beat by yours is bad.
The hatchback has a fully built motor. I think he might have a stand alone because of how he can hook up the laptop? I dunno, I am not sure. I bet it weights at least 800Ibs less then that Teg and might be why the hatch seems faster. His friend also said he is pushing more boost, about 14 and will be even more when he gets a different turbo. I can't wait to drive it again. It is defenitly the fastest import in the area.
Also, there is a civic si with a greddy turbo kit running around town that is slow and no where near as fast as the hatch. My friend with the hatch is doing 2 more turbo installs for a couple local kids. A 90 integra and a 2000 integra.

Quick Reply: A clip from the video cd's what went out.(chris lists his mods for fun)