Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 03:24 PM
greg rx2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control not working

ok guys this is a issue I have had for a long time and decided it is time to fix it. I have the set the control at 60 and as I do that the cruise has a mind of its own and increases to 67 or 68 then remains there and the car is now going 67 or 68. so followed clarks garage instructions took the servo out of the car took it apart cleaned the track on the circuit board cleaned the 2 arms that ride on the tract put it back no difference . ok order a used one on ebay put it in the car works for 1 ride only 3 to 4 mph faster then what I set it at. ok take it for another ride same as 1st problem 6 to 7 mph over the setting. take it out clean this one put it back same thing 6 to 7 over . is there any other thing that I can check to stop this issue.
thanks in advance

rx2
Old 07-05-2022, 04:06 PM
931guru
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 257 Posts

Control unit (silver box about the size of a videocassette on the chassis wall near the clutch pedal) with bad solder joints.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:20 PM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the world of 944 cruise control. Mine acts like that sometimes depending upon the temperature. When it is acting up, I just set it about 7 miles below the speed I really want. I could take it apart again and check all of the solder joints, but it is just too hot outside.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:22 PM
irontmp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greg rx2
ok guys this is a issue I have had for a long time and decided it is time to fix it. I have the set the control at 60 and as I do that the cruise has a mind of its own and increases to 67 or 68 then remains there and the car is now going 67 or 68. so followed clarks garage instructions took the servo out of the car took it apart cleaned the track on the circuit board cleaned the 2 arms that ride on the tract put it back no difference . ok order a used one on ebay put it in the car works for 1 ride only 3 to 4 mph faster then what I set it at notworkingsolution. ok take it for another ride same as 1st problem 6 to 7 mph over the setting. take it out clean this one put it back same thing 6 to 7 over . is there any other thing that I can check to stop this issue.
thanks in advance

rx2
I recently took off my master slave cylinder. This involved disconnecting the two sensors on the clutch pedal. Since reinstalling the clutch pedal, the shift light and cruise control has not worked. The car starts fine, it drives fine, and hill start works. I believe I am installing the black connector (with the black plunger) incorrect. Can someone take a photo of what their clutch pedal looks like under the dash?

Quick Reply: cruise control not working