Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Mods??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:47 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know porsshh951 would be the person to ask about this but i was wondering what kind of cars can you beat if 375rwhp. and what if you lightened it a little bit
Old 04-30-2004, 02:59 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally posted by daniel951
i know porsshh951 would be the person to ask about this but i was wondering what kind of cars can you beat if 375rwhp. and what if you lightened it a little bit
You would be faster than a lot of cars. Damn fast indeed. Before I say anything else , I'll throw in the "Be sure to learn and drive that monster on the track and keep the racing off the streets" speach.

Now, for the suspension because I believe the best turbo option has been mentioned (Vitesse).

Paragon Products sell the Koni inserts for your stock struts to revalve them and add heavier springs. If you want to spend a little extra you can have them do the work and add the coil over option.

For the rear: The most simple option would be to buy
KLA Industries rear shock coil over. It has a small (100lb) helper spring and does not require the removal of the torsion bars. Just make sure the front spring rate will match the rear (ask KLA as to what they recommend).

Paragon also sells the 968 M030 sway bars and Delrin bushing for a great price.

Don't forget the brakes if you plan to make that much power. If you have the budget, the Big Red or Black brakes will really improve the braking. However, the stock brakes are outstanding as it is. You should only need good rotors, pads, and ATE Blue fluid.

Happy building!

Old 04-30-2004, 03:04 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Would what kind of clutch matter also or no? I will be replacing the clutch within a couple of weeks so i need to know which one to buy and where is the best price
Old 04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

For OEM the Cup clutch is very popular and I hear good things about Centerforce. Try Pelican again for the Cup clutch.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

Would what kind of clutch matter also or no? I will be replacing the clutch within a couple of weeks so i need to know which one to buy and where is the best price
I tried the Centerforce and it didn't last for me. Markus Blaszak http://www.blaszakprecision.com/ offers various clutch upgrades for reasonable prices.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:56 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's nice of you to say daniel. I will try and answer some of your question's the best I can. Danno already hit the nail on the head with the injector's....I am running 55lb right now and if I had to do it over again would have gone with 65-75lb injectors.

I can tell you what I am running with regards to your question's and I hope this help's you. I love the setup I have now and have zero complaints(except for injector size).

injector's- siemens
clutch-cup( I think a 2500lb pressure plate) stock fw
shocks-bilstein
springs-450lb(came as package with shocks....can be seen in excellence)
brakes-stock caliper's and rotor's w pagid pads, ate super blue fuild, stainless steel lines......stops on a dime

As it has already been stated you could easily hit your hp goal with larger injector's and a bigger turbocharger. Vitesse is very nice. I personally am going to go with a GT30/40R because I know of three people runing GT series turbocharger's and they are very happy. This however will be a serious undertaking. I am having my mechanic do the work for me. Ofcourse I will have to buy the turbo first before this ever comes together.

It has been said many time's that I am not on stock turbo now but, like I said I don't really know. While it is in the shop I will be taking pics. As far as a rule of thumb though I think a garret hybrid would do you real nice in that department.

As far as wondering what you could beat at the "track" there really wouldn't be many things that you would run into a problem overtaking. Aside from x50 tt's, maybe a new srt-10(you will pull older rt-10viper's and give gts a real run for their money for sure) c5's arent going to be a problem even if it is a ls6. Unfortunately where I live there are alot of modded car's running around with lot's of go-fast goodies on them. If their arent many new heavily modded sport's car's where you live you could have one of the fastest car's in your community pretty easily.

typical vette a-hole daniel Make em' say who's your daddy.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:57 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh sorry I also weigh 3047lbs with everything in the car(tools,sparetire,stereo ect.) a half a tank of gas. Hope this helps ya man.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:00 PM
gmonsen
Instructor

Centerforce clutches don't seem to last under any kind of abuse (not that you would abuse your clutch). ACT makes some very nice clutches in the $600-650 range that can take the kind of power you want and the abuse.

Gordon
Old 05-01-2004, 04:11 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Actually i am one of the top ten fastest at least in the community in a street car right now. LOL most of the people have non-turbo's or some rice with a turbo. One intergra spent at least $8,000 on the engine and can only hit 14.0 in the 1/4 mile. The only one that i know is faster is my friend with the Supra TT but i can give him a good run once i install everything. I think he dynoed at 370rwhp or somewhere around that.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:43 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

370rwhp tt

he must have intake and exhaust.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:29 AM
daniel951
Race Car

no intake just a exhaust and a boost controller and BOV thats it. And i might be wrong on the #'s i think they might be a little higher. The guys at the Dyno said he probably could hit 400 on a cold day

Quick Reply: Mods??