Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Airbox Hose Connection and Electrical connector near fuse box, Identification Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 02:27 PM
David Kang
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Airbox Hose Connection and Electrical connector near fuse box, Identification Help

What gets connected to the hose connection on the airbox? I never noticed it before?
Also, where does the plug near the fuse box connect to?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2022, 03:02 PM
Seattle 993
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

David, I have a 1988 turbo S. The connection on the airbag feeds to the top right corner of the belt cover...its directly below the airbox. It feeds air into the belt cover to keep ozone out and cools the area. Porsche, I think, later plugged the connection...I'm keeping mine like it is. I don't see the electrical connection near my fuse box...my car is stock. All I see is the water line which feeds the windshield washers. Maybe it plugs into your windshield wiper motor?
Old 01-29-2022, 07:06 PM
Gage
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 295 Posts

The plug should be routed inside the hood to power heated washer nozzles.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:39 PM
David Kang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gage
The plug should be routed inside the hood to power heated washer nozzles.
Thanks Gage, I found the other end of the plug hiding in the hood.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:45 PM
David Kang
Advanced

Originally Posted by Seattle 993
David, I have a 1988 turbo S. The connection on the airbag feeds to the top right corner of the belt cover...its directly below the airbox. It feeds air into the belt cover to keep ozone out and cools the area. Porsche, I think, later plugged the connection...I'm keeping mine like it is. I don't see the electrical connection near my fuse box...my car is stock. All I see is the water line which feeds the windshield washers. Maybe it plugs into your windshield wiper motor?
How does it feed air into the belt cover? Shouldn't air get sucked into the airbox through the circled stub? What's odd is that the stub is post air filter so if it is not connected to anything, it would allow unfiltered air to get pulled into the intake manifold. I just plugged the hole for now.

BTW, are you in the Seattle area? I'm in the Eastside and member of PCA and PNWR. I have a 997 Turbo, 1987 944 Turbo race car and a 1988 944 Turbo. I bought both 944s in 2021 so new to the transaxle scene and loving it.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:28 PM
Seattle 993
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey David, yeah what I intended to say is that air moves into the belt cover and I think blends with the outside air, moves through the filter, then goes into the j-boot, through theturbo…etc. it’s fine if you plug it. Porsche did. Yeah, haven’t been at events since COVID but the transaxle are great under-rated cars. I have a stock 1988 turbo S and a pristine 993.

Quick Reply: Airbox Hose Connection and Electrical connector near fuse box, Identification Help