Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What have I done?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 10:20 AM
ecrouch01
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may be interested in the airbox if the bolts are not broken!
Old 06-24-2022, 04:24 PM
naesjr
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ecrouch01
I may be interested in the airbox if the bolts are not broken!
Hey, wish I could delete this thread. I did not end up with the car and it's a frustrating story.
I looked at this car on a weekday in January. I made a deal with the seller to buy it and an early 924 that was sitting next to it for $1,700 with a $500 deposit. I give him the deposit in cash, sign a bill of sale for it, and I'm supposed to pick it up on the last Saturday of the month (same weekend as the Rolex 24).
I made this thread right before I was supposed to pick this car up. Fast forward to the Friday and the night before I get a call while I'm still at work from the seller and he's telling me they pulled the car out the night before from their backyard and when he came to the shop that Friday morning it was gone.
He did not use the word "stolen" and insisted it was "misplaced" -- I viewed it as stolen and asked to file a police report about the ordeal. He did not want to. I get sent my deposit back (against my wishes, as I wanted the car), and I get a text in the morning telling me that the other owner of the business took the car, and he could do nothing.
I was going to fight him in small claims court (since in my area it costs like $50 to file it -- why not give it a try?) but I got sick with Covid, and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
I found the car I have now, my 91S2 by the end of February. So it ended well.Still begs the question, was it even his right to sell it? This guy had a dealership license. Was it actually his co-owners car? What the hell was going on.

Oh and not gonna say, but it rhymes with All German Motorworks in Leesburg, FL -- Thanks, Bill Langley. Really reputable guy, great business practises.

I'm still searching for a 86/951 but I think that's a plan for when I happen to find one for cheap. Not going to find a $1,500 944 Turbo again anytime soon.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:53 AM
fasteddie313
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Darn!
This happened to me with a BMW 2002 once a long time ago..

Quick Reply: What have I done?