Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WHAT SHOULD I dO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 07:18 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearly this is an important issue to you.
I wouldnt just type/post as fast as you can and fire it all out there. *Think* first.
I'm not sure what you intentions are, or whether this discussion/thread his going to help.
I wouldnt go looking for advice of this sort on rennlist thats for sure.
If on the other hand, you're really just wanting to complain about Danno/Guru (which is in your right to do here IMO) then don't try and disquise it.

Also,
You'll find that since we only know you through your posts, the way in which you posts heavily affects our perception of you and your opinions.
You may want to pay attention to capitalization, spelling, complete sentences.
Usually I care less about these things, but this isnt a discussion about how to roll your fenders to fit yo' nineteen's.

(edit: I hope you take this advice sincerely)
Old 04-20-2004, 07:33 PM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Default Superjet - check your mailbox

Superjet,

Check your private mailbox. I have given you a brief description of how the small claims court works in Ventura County. I've been there & done that before, so I'll pass that info along as a professional courtesy.

However, for the record, I'm a happy & satisfied customer of Danno's, so I think that it is better for you to keep your comments regarding his business license issues, payment or non-payment of taxes, etc. to yourself. There are a lot of people, myself included, who have concluded successful business transactions with Dan and have received excellent post-sale service. Mud-slinging is not going to win you any votes on this forum.

Good luck and best regards,
Greg W.

Last edited by GWTurboS; 04-20-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by OriginalSterm
If you are Danno's messanger boy than it's ok for you to speak for him and help him figure out what to do legally. It just seemed like you were going to go run and tell Danno what people are saying.
Nope i wanted to speak with him about the subject when I call him to talk to him about something that concerns me. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that i was "going to go run and tell Danno what people are saying" I just want to get the full story, because in my eyes, there is more to the story. I think It's time I stop posting in this thread, I'm not helping anyone.
superjet.1,
I have nothing against you (at least not yet) its just that you fall on the short end of the stick in my book since I know danno personally, and don't beleive this is in his character at all. I feel the need to defend his integrity. We'll eventually see what happens.
~Eyal
Old 04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybee Danno should defend himself by posting his story..
Old 04-20-2004, 10:06 PM
superjet.1
Pro

i agree DANNO? Im not trying to sling mud im trying to get resolution of a serious matter and if he wont return my calls or try and resolve the matter what else am i to do im just calling him out.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:12 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I really appreciate the efforts Danno puts in, I dont thank many can deny that. I know he went through a difficult patch, but that is not an excuse for not making right any lapse in agreement thereafter. If it was me, I would be knocking on doors. An agrument could ensue and never end on this I feel, however you are limited to what you can prove.

EDIT: I forgot I was just an internet tough guy, so I would probably just say I would knock on doors, but really just **** myself in the corner of my mums bedroom and cry myself to sleep.

Last edited by NZ951; 04-20-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:32 PM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Default Personal or Public

Travis (aka Superjet1):

I'm not sure if you read my private mail or not. I hope you did. Let me introduce myself. My name is Greg Woo and during the day I run an aftermarket performance parts manufacturing company in Camarillo, not too far away from where you are located. If you look at the June issue of European Car, page 50, you'll see what we are all about. We have been in the tuning business since 1975 and anyone who is a regular reader of European Car will recognize our business name.

You have a business dispute with Dan. From your description it sound like a personal dispute between the two of you. If I had a personal dispute with someone in my segment of the industry, I would NOT use a public forum to "call him out." You can already see from the posts above that you are dividing the forum. Some people support you, some people don't. But all of these people are potential customers for you. So why risk alienating the people who might be more sympathetic to Dan? They might be your customers one day too.

Is this how you want to be remembered by the forum members? Immortalized as the guy who kept complaining in public instead of using the legal process available to him? Do you really think that you can convince every owner of a Guru chipset who is happy with the product that somehow, Dan is deadbeat? Using a public forum to air your dispute may seem like a good idea right now, but trust me, it hurts your business reputation later. And it hurts Dan's too. For Guru customers like myself who are happy with the product and service provided by Dan, that doesn't sit too well.

Take my advice Travis. I've been in this business since 1984, so I may know a few things that can help you resolve your differences with Dan peacefully. That process starts with you getting off your computer and down to the Ventura County courthouse on Victoria Ave.

Sincerely,
Greg W.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:40 PM
NZ951
Race Director

What business Greg?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:53 PM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Default What Business?

NZ951,

I'd rather not say because that would really make me look like a doofus for not being able to figure out questions like, "where do I hook up my A/C recharge can? On the high pressure line?" That's a question I asked on the forum a couple of weeks ago.

I handle the back office affairs at my company, not the technical side. So believe me, sometimes I make stupid mistakes working on my own car. I don't want my hamfisted wrenching to reflect poorly on my employer, which actually has a very talented team of engineers.

Normally I would pass through a thread like this without making any sort of comment. But when I saw that it was a local businessman (Travis) and a vendor who I personally have had good dealings with (Dan), I thought it might be in everyone's best interest if I could convince them to settle their differences off the forum and in the proper venue. Trust me, there are no winners if these guys duke it out in public.

Best Regards,
Greg W.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:57 PM
NZ951
Race Director

But you mentioned how to find out your company via the magizine, do you work for them to promote sales?
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Thank you mister Woo i realy appeciate your advice and concern and im certainly not bad mouthing dans product they infact are very well thought out and affordable i just want him to contact me and tell me how he plans on reinbursing me . Remember hes out driving his car i lost mine FOREVER and had to pay the storage fee on top of that try to swollow that pill it hurts. Mr Woo ill check my pm now and email you back.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:06 PM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

NZ951 -- the information above is for Travis. I'm sure he's a smart guy and will now know how to find me if he has further questions. But it wouldn't be very good for me to just post my address and phone number, would it?

And for those of you with a subscription to European Car, please respect my privacy and keep my employer's name to yourselves.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Greg W.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:09 PM
superjet.1
Pro

one more thing im not trying to get votes or trying to devide this board i just want justice and a little sympathy maybe. Hes out racing his car im tooling around in my suv(non turbo type).
Old 04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
NZ951
Race Director

lol sorry its just odd to me that you put way to determine your name then say dont tell anyone. You effectively did post your own address and phone number.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:20 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by NZ951

EDIT: I forgot I was just an internet tough guy, so I would probably just say I would knock on doors, but really just **** myself in the corner of my mums bedroom and cry myself to sleep.
Lol, NZ, you kill me

Quick Reply: WHAT SHOULD I dO?