Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is there another car that needs more work to keep it running?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Millermatic
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Goebel
I've done that 3 times already!!!

Bought new master/slave and hose. That being said PO installed the very same equipment 10 years ago. All the work on that car was done by a reputable independent Porsche shop. So I figured those parts should still be good. This car has been garaged (but driven) for the last 20 years most of the time.

Mike G.
I just did a clutch job and replaced the slave cylinder. I had the damnedest time bleeding it.

What I noticed was that the intake for the slave cylinder is pretty high in the brake fluid reservoir. I was keeping the brake fluid topped off and was using a pressure bleeder... But I noticed the clutch line would still suck in a bit of air... even though it was under the fluid level.

I filled the tank with as much fluid as I could (above the Max line) and it bled just fine.

I wonder if the intake for the clutch line is a bit higher than it should (could) be?
Old 10-17-2021, 09:15 PM
Mike Goebel
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Millermatic
I filled the tank with as much fluid as I could (above the Max line) and it bled just fine.
I will definitely look at that before I go in too deep.

Thanks
Mike G.

Old 10-17-2021, 09:35 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

I forgot exactly what i did but i seen to recall that plastic nipple part that the mc hose attaches to has like a small orifice hole in it. But i think i drilled it bigger.. long time ago but worth a look when you are priming..
Old 10-18-2021, 11:25 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Whenever I've had trouble bleeding a 944 clutch hydraulic system, I crack open the hard line fitting at the firewall, which is at the high point of the system. Stuff the area with rags, have a helper hold down the clutch pedal all the way, crack open the line. Then close the line, have the helper pump the pedal and repeat. This has worked every time.
The following users liked this post:
Rob 3 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Mike Goebel
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Droops83
I crack open the hard line fitting at the firewall, which is at the high point of the system.
OMG I never noticed that. That is really dumb!!! haha

Mike G.

Quick Reply: Is there another car that needs more work to keep it running?