Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: Finally home with my car after 3K Miles (kinda Long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:55 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default OT: Finally home with my car after 3K Miles (kinda Long)

Some of you might have seen the post on the general board a few weeks ago about Turbo944 and I driving the tail of the dragon in TN in our 951's on my way down to Florida. We had an awesome time, and I hope he can get some of that video posted soon Anyway, after driving the car down to Orlando, the whole way on back country roads of course, my friend and I decided to spend the week in Puerto Rico after we were offered some free tickets. (Long story) On friday when we tried to return back to Florida, all the flights were full, so we had no choice to fly home to columbus, and leave my car in Florida. Talk about frustration. So last weekend we packed up our stuff again to head for Florida and drive the car back. 3,000 miles later and we are home again, this time with the car. Everything worked fine, I used only 1/2 QT of mobil one on the whole trip, and this was with my new turbo only a week old. I'm quite impressed. The car ran excellent, and if anyone is considering taking a long trip, this is the perfect car to do it in. I'm finishing posting some pictures on my webpage, so when they are up I will post a link.

Also In Tennessee we saw a white 924, drove through traffic with him for a while...TN tags...is he a rennlister by chance?

Turbo944...can you upload that video???
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo!!! Glad to hear you made it back safely!!! Although now you know not to take free tickets to Puerto Rice next time jk!

I have gotten the video all digitized, just haven't gotten a chance to edit it and compress it a bit before posting.....otherwise it would be a couple of GBs! I've been swamped at home and not really had much time to edit video of late (still have 2 more I need to work on as well....). Will try to work on it soon.....
Old 04-12-2004, 02:55 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds good Turbo944, I can't wait to see it!

Here is alink to some more pictures on my webpage...

artie.clarkmotorco.com/Trip.htm
Old 04-13-2004, 11:29 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pictures look great Artie. Welcome back. Did you get my PM about going to Hershey?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:52 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes por95turbo1, I just got it, have not made plans yet there is a possibility I will have to work over that weekend I should know by this weekend if I will be able to attend. Most likely it will be very last minute if know for sure I can get away from here. I might have another friend along in his newly aquired 951 (smokintr6 here on the boards) so I will let you know soon if we can make it!
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds good. I know of two others from here that will also be heading out with us.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:11 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

im heading asheville a few weeks after hershey.. doin the tail then, as well as a big rallye with a bunch of oither 912ers around the blue ridge mtns

speaking of hershey, whats goin on Kevin? havent seen you at work, so i havent gotten a chance to ask.

Quick Reply: OT: Finally home with my car after 3K Miles (kinda Long)