Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Saleen SC281 vs. 951 :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhhhhh....My Z06 is much faster than my 951. I have bolt on upgrades such as exhaust etc....but nothing more. I am currently building the 951 like everyone else....big ideas---not enough cash. The vette was ready from stock and has been perfect from day one. I pass all the PCA racers in DE's before the Sunday race. My 951 is impressive in it's own right and especially for its engine size and my buying price of less than 10k. So, they both are equally fun but equally different. I work harder in my 951 and I feel more comfortable in my Z06. This says a lot for my Z06 since the 951 is the easiest Porsche to drive on the edge and still catch it. I have not ran them yet on the same track or at an autocross together. Would there be anyone here who would drive my 951 as I drive my Z06 in a race and on video????? Will post video of this soon!!!! Andy.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Advanced

Drive200mph,

You must be send from heaven, finally a post with some sense of reality. A z06 is as fast as 996tt and how somebody could believe you would beat those cars with a 951 with some simple bolt on's is a mistery to me.

Now just wait and see how much flak I will get for this post.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:20 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody who wants to see my little ITS 924S outbrake and fly by the blue zo6 at Lime Rock into big bend on 04/03/04 can check tracktimephotos.com
Advanced group run #2 or 3, I don't remember.

In his defense, he was braking through the downhill, like a rookie
Old 04-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A really bad driver can make even the fastest car seem slow. It's kinda like dogfighting - a good pilot in an F4 Phamtom could fly circles around a rookie in an F-22.

although I like Z06's and would be first to say they are quick, they ain't got nothin' on an X50TT. and I mean nothin.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:46 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 1988952
Drive200mph,

You must be send from heaven, finally a post with some sense of reality. A z06 is as fast as 996tt and how somebody could believe you would beat those cars with a 951 with some simple bolt on's is a mistery to me.

What you need to do is some real research. Ls6's are fast! They are very very capable car's especially on the track. But, you really need to stop with the **** talking already. I tell you what I will post some vids just for you. I have run 3 zo6's in my 951 all very very light bolt on's. Two on them were stock and one of them had intake and exhaust. I beat all three of them. Ofcourse it was in my world...50-150mph. But, none the less. I wish I had footage of those run's to finally shut your ignorant butt up but, alas I don't. What I do have are some seriously fast ls1's with lot's of go fast goodies and more hp than a stock zo6 and you can see footage of me pulling on them. Of course you would always come back and argue well even those car's that had those mods making that much power....it still isint a zo6 yada yada yada. Believe what ever the heck you want but, I have raced just about everything under the sun aside from a 996tt and a viper. I have alot of time behind the wheel of my car and it get's better. I have family in the business. I have driven several c5's some ls1 coupe's with 6speeds and some ls6's every c5 corvette I have ridin in or driven seriously impressed me. Something you have to understand is that a 951 is a very capable car and while weighing in a few hundred lbs less can easy make 350 at the wheels. Fyi every bone stock ls6's 2002 and newer I have seen dyno'd make anywhere from 340-360rwhp. Maybe for some reason you have a bug up your *** about 951's and the aftermarket community but, you obviously haven't seen very many modded 951's out there. Otherwise you wouldn't pop off and talk all the **** you do. I can't stand smart *** comment's but, what makes it worse is that you don't know what the heck you are talking about. Please try and take some time to call and speak to trained "guru's" about modded 951's and exactly what it takes to make that kind of power. Believe me it doesn't take that much. Drive200mph made 282 and 320tq with a 2500.00 investment on STOCK TURBO AND MOTOR!!! I have only 4k in my car so far(just in performace oriented parts) and I can tell you on 18-20psi a stock to light bolt on zo6 can't hang with me on the freeway. Unfortunately I am not one to run my mouth and talk smack. Everything I say I say because I have done it. I don't speak for other's expeirences just my own. If you choose not to believe what people on this board say then that's your choice. All I can do is tell my finding's on my car thats it! Nothing else.

I will post a thread up of some vids for you along with a list of my mods. I wouldn't be doing this but, heck I really think you need to wake up. It's very aparent to everyone on this board who do actually own modded 951's that you really don't know much about the power of our car's. More over you seem content to run them down as much as possible. Nay saying constently. I hope you will stick around on this board for awhile cause it will be a huge wake up call for someone like yourself.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:51 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh I almost forgot I will go ahead and starting post some stuff now. To everyone else. Sorry about the wait on that other footage I had so much crap to do today I just now got it on my harddrive. It will be up by late tonight if not early in the morning. I am very sorry for the delay.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 1988952
Drive200mph,

I drove against a996 TT years ago. it was for about 50km and everytime it was from 100 to 220 Km/h (60-138 mph) he didn't want to drive faster than 220 km/h as it was raining.
Everytime we "raced" it was dead even.
first he came on the rear and he opens his lights and sign me with he turn light to move over. I nailed it from third to 4rth till the redline about 7000 rpm and he was just 5-10 meters behind me.
at 220 we stoped as I had to brake. The second time we was dead even. Then I let him pass me to see if he is realy faster or if he is afraid to drive faster because I am in front of him and I can not drive faster, and everytime he accelarated from about 100 to 220 km/h I could keep with him with no problem but I was not faster than him.
after about 50 km driving like this: traffic jam, WOT, braking to 100 km/h, WOT, brake again, and so on he took another Autobahn to the south and I folowed my route.

The 996 TT is much FASTER than a Z06 at leats at nürbrgring the 996 TT is much faster. I do not know on thenstreetbut it seems it is also faster on higher speeds.
I amnot sure ifteh TT I raced wasa tiptrinic but Iknowhe went everytime to WOT but he couldnd outacelarate me.
my car has the common mods. MAF, Big Turbo chips Wastagte and an original Turbo cup exhaust runing more boost.
I did many runs from 100 to 200km/h and the 996TT should be about 1 sec faster forthe same test than my car but the one I raced was not fatser. so maybe it was a tiptronic, or maybe because I do not use the cup exhaust any longer and this may cost me some HP or the missing 1 sec for the 100 to 200 km/run??

BTW my 951 is faster than my 968Turbo S over 180 km/h. (the 968 is not modified and run less boost)
At low speed and at about 3000 rpm the 968 Turbo S kills almost everything.

Konstantin
Old 04-09-2004, 01:06 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike school session is over. 952 is a tool and I will now be working on your video. Look for it tonight peace
Old 04-09-2004, 01:51 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I know I have personally seen videos of 996TT eating up ZO6's fairly easy.

Simple bolt ons is why most of us bought these cars Not many cars can give you over 2 hp per cubic inch with under 3K of simple bolt ons.

ZO6= 400 hp (give or take) 350 c.i. = 1.15 hp/c.i. $50,000

Quick Reply: Saleen SC281 vs. 951 :)