Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Replacement Emissions "CO" Tube 86 951

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 01:49 AM
Nashvegas
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Replacement Emissions "CO" Tube 86 951

I got a replacement emissions pre-cat CO tube (narrow metal tube from the top of crossover up and capped off b/t firewall & cam cover) as mine cracked. Ran fine capped with a lug nut while I've waited. I'm sure most will say to leave it capped off... point noted... but I've got a good original car and keeping it stock/as is best I can.

Here's a pic of the part (#38).

The new part that showed up does not have the two metal tabs welded on to hold it to the engine up top. It's genuine and new in a Porsche bag with same part #, and parts guys confirmed what I got is correct.

Then I found this pic below on another board. This tube also looks new (in the thread they were talking about replacing it so ...), also without the tabs. They have a standard-looking rubber insulated metal clip to secure it. Looks like a battery cable hold down or something. Anyone know if this is a correct detail?

Small detail more curious than important.

Last edited by Nashvegas; 06-09-2021 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:21 PM
Gage
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 295 Posts

If that is the part Porsche is selling as a replacement then I suppose it is "correct". All the originals I've seen however have the two mounting tabs as illustrated. Possible that this is a design change to address the fatigue that causes many of the original tubes to fail around the lower connection. I do have some original tubes in excellent condition if you wanted to maintain the original fastening detail.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:49 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I had mine welded back together so that it stayed original as well. Just a suggestion to keep it looking the same.

Quick Reply: Replacement Emissions "CO" Tube 86 951