Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

PLX & LambdaLink Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:45 AM
eastendr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLX & LambdaLink Gauge

Last year I bought a LambdaLink Gauge from danno. I installed it in the car and connected it to the narrowband sensor. Subsequently I bought a PLX250 wideband module.

I replaced the stock narrowband sensor with the wideband, and fed the DMW from the narrowband output from the PLX250. I also connected the LambdaLink (switched to wideband mode) to the wideband output of the PLX250.

Problem was that the gause read backwards (10:1 on deceleration etc.)

All the specifications seemed to match on paper, so I e-mailed Paul at PLX who confirmed the characteristics of the PLX ase being correct as published.

I did a datalog of calibration of the Lambdaling Gauge, which proved to be inverse to what was implied by the Link literature.

The original link is here

I subsequently spoke to Walter at Link (Thanks, Andrew / NZ951) who agreed that the literature was misleading, but that I could return the gauge for reprogramming.

I've just got the gauge back from Link, and it now performs correctly.

Anyone who is thinking of running a similar setup, beware that you will have to contact Link about having the LambdaLink gauge inverse programmed in wide band mode.

I've got the LambdaLink mounted down on the centre console, where the colour changes can be seen out of the corner of my eye, but my EGT remains in the A pillar pod where it canm be quickly monitored.

Rick
Old 04-01-2004, 05:26 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad it all worked out Rick. I plan to do a WB setup soon with my gauge. PS seen the Link knock gauge?

Quick Reply: PLX & LambdaLink Gauge