Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

guru map 2 install questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Karbokane
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guru map 2 install questions

I was installing my kit yesterday and when wiring to the dme the instructions say to wire the yellow/red wire to the o2 sensor wire on the dme. I didnt do this, but instead I took the extra purple(rpm) wire and removed it to replace the white(o2) wire that was missing on the harness. I attached the purple wire to my o2 sensor. So now what do I do with the yellow/red wire on the harness? I hope this is right? Hope I get this figured out it is a nice beautiful day to be working on the Porsche.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

According the instructions I have, the yellow/red wire is supposed to go to DME pin #7 (a green/red striped wire on the DME harness). It is the air-flow signal from the Link box. I don't understand your first sentence that says the yellow/red goes to the O2 sensor wire, which is pin #24 on the DME.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Karbokane
Advanced

Thanks a million let me go check......maybe I was loosing my mind yesterday, I was working outside and it started to get very cold late in the day.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Karbokane
Advanced

My mistake the yellor red wire is hooked up to the dme at #7 I was talking about the green/yellow wire that the instructions say to hook up to pin #24. Instead I hooked up the purple wire from the harness at the spot where the white wire should have been (this is labled oxy by link manual) so I hooked that to my pin #24. So now I have a green/yellow wire that has no where to go. HELP
thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The green/yellow wire doesn't get used. I just clipped it and didn't connect it to anything. My harness was also missing the O2 sensor wire, so I added one like you did.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Karbokane
Advanced

Pritty Please.... Someone must know where the green/yellow wire gets connected!!! I guess Ill work on one of the other 13232 projects to do on this car while I wait.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Karbokane
Advanced

Awsome Thanks.....must have posted at the same time.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"So now I have a green/yellow wire that has no where to go. "
"Someone must know where the green/yellow wire gets connected!!! I guess Ill work on one of the other 13232 projects to do on this car while I wait."

It goes no where. This used to be the AFM-IN line when the MAP box was originally set up to do either stand-alone MAP-sensing or 3D signal interceptor/massager for a AFM/MAF sensor. Now it's not used, but the input still works if you want to use it to datalog a 0-5v signal like a wideband O2-sensor.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Karbokane
Advanced

sounds good to keep in mind if i get a wide band i can datalog with that wire. Thanks for the help guys.

Where can I pick up one of those girls to wax my car with her a$$!!!! I must live on the wrong coast.....

Quick Reply: guru map 2 install questions