Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 01:20 AM
cwigg66
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default no heat.... frozen toes

HEy guys
After re-doing all my vacuum lines and all, I have no heat. The heater valve is plumbed directly into that line that runs along the firewall, and then into the vacuum reservoir. That same circuit is also hooked up the brake booster line, via the check valve. From what I remember, this is all stock. All the other vacuum stuff is new though, and I have no heat. Where does the "signal" from the cabin temperature control come into the engine compartment, to de-activate the vacuum signal on the heater valve, thereby opening ghr valve. Seems the way it is setup right now, I will always have full vacuum (no heat) and very cold fingers and toes. Any suggestions. I have looked at the diagrams and all, but I bypassed the "temperature valve" that sends a signal to the fuel vapor purge system (it broke). So, my line runs from heater valve, into line that goes to both vacuum canister and brake booster line, via check valve. Please help
Chris
Old 03-26-2004, 01:50 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you have this:

The heater valve gets its signal from the control unit at a connection in the firewall (near the wire harness). If you hook it up according to the diagram, I think you would have heat. If you still have no heat, unplug the heater valve vacuum line and then see if you get heat (and visa versa). If you don't get heat then, something else is the culprit. The heater valve doesn't have anything to do with the vapor purge. I hope you blocked the nipple under the TB if you removed the fuel purge system.

Ooh look I made it to 1k!

Quick Reply: no heat.... frozen toes