Linkage Leakage

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:26 AM
Neun44turbo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linkage Leakage

Hey All,
I recently joined the 951 fold with an 86' model. Kalahari beige metallic with brown interior with 122K. Lindsey intercooler hoses, chip, header, mbc, and wastegate. Magnaflow exhaust, koni yellows on the front. I have been getting to know this car over the last couple of months and figuring out what needs attention. The service history is pretty thin but the T-Belt was taken care of very recently. I switched over the oil to VR-1 20W-50 and also changed the transaxle fluid to Mobil 1 75w-90. Naturally changing the transaxle fluid was easier then changing the oil on this car. Welcome to the 951 I suppose.

I have been getting some rattle in-gear and it was unaffected by the transaxle fluid change. While I was under there I noticed the shfit linkage was looking rather gnarly. My question is what is causing the leakage here and is this thing toast or can it be saved?

Old 10-14-2020, 12:12 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Check out.. only944.com. Get the shift linkage kit. And the shifter as well.. I have them in all my cars... you will love driving your car even more!

Quick Reply: Linkage Leakage