UpGrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Marc944T
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool UpGrade Questions

Hi
I need some help. I want to upgrade some thigns in my 86 951. Let me start off with telling you what I have in it right now. I have test pipe, lindser boost controller, fuel regulator, 2 chips (europroducts), and mHKS blow off valve. I want to up grade my turbo but I don't know what else I need to put into my car besides the things i already have in it, so if you can give my any information it will be a great help. The turbos I have been looking at are the Kokeln street turbo($1300) and the Koklen street ball bearing turbo ($1960) which are both on Lindseyracing.com. But again i would like to know if anyone knows which one is more worth it. I would like to know how much lag each one has and how much hp each one can produce? My last question is I need a new clutch but i don't know which one is better for me. I need a good one that can lst because i drive my car hard and i need a reliable clutch. So any information anyone can give me will be a great help and i thank you very much.

Marc
Old 03-19-2004, 07:10 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

You might want to try majestic turbo in Texas for turbos. Plus those turbos are not water cooled if iam not mistaken. Do you have a MAF to go with that turbo? You will need a new set of chips with upgraded turbo. PB to control you'e AF ratio. As for the clutch a cup clutch is fine. Stock WG will not hold15 psi boost to red line.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:51 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

wasn't lister "dmoffit" selling a slightly used (maybe 5k miles) kokeln street turbo a month or so ago? do a search under his user name...may save you some cash. dont forget injectors!

dont know if it ever sold....heres a link to the thread

Quick Reply: UpGrade Questions