Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Reliaboost Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 06:55 AM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliaboost Question

I recently installed the GURU chips with reliaboost. I just want to be sure that I did it right. Does anyone have any photos of the reliaboost facing the intake plenum? My car pulls around 2 bar on the stock gauge. Is that appropriate for the 15 psi chips? I don't want to overboost. I left the other hard tube under the intake hooked up to the turbo J-pipe. Is this correct? Thanks in advance! Man does this chip make a difference!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:21 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was a thread on here not too long ago about it...do a search.

definitely get an aftermarket boost gauge - i wouldn't rely on the stock one. not because it's crap or inaccurate (i've found it to be relatively accurate), but because it pegs at 2.0bar. so when it shows 2.0 bar, r u running 15psi, or is it 25? u can't tell.

um, u can leave it hooked up, but u should then cap it off at the other end of the hard pipe, near the CV. mine is actually plugged on the CV, because i haven't got around to getting rid of that hose yet.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I left the other hard tube under the intake hooked up to the turbo J-pipe."

No, you should have the hose on that hard-tube removed and cap off the hard tube and plug the hole in the rubber J-boot. There's a picture of an installed ReliaBoost here: GURU Forums - Reliaboost Installation

Quick Reply: Reliaboost Question