Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is there a sensitivity adjustment on our ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Is there a sensitivity adjustment on our ABS?

So I when I got my racecar I drove it home 10 hrs. No lights on dash. After I finished building it abs wasn't working. .. OK who cares... But I started noticing that it didn't shut itself off until I turned the wheel.. Or after a min of driving fairly straight. So last week I was at Watkins glen, and I felt something in the pedal...hmmmm I looked up on the dash and no light was on... The reason was I just put 275/40/17s on the car all the way around so the tires were all equal. That leads me to believe that this thing is just to sensitive to the "differential". Is there any adjustment? Or is my abs unit just being a pita? I'm considering the mid Ohio race and that place is a skating rink in the rain and it sure would be nice to have abs... And my rain tires are not a square setup...
Old 08-03-2020, 01:55 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

That's odd. I've run square and non-square setups for 20 years and never had that issue.
The only issue I've had is hitting serrated gators and causing the ABS to turn itself off. I've wired in a switch in the ground line so I can reset the computer without cycling the key.

Quick Reply: Is there a sensitivity adjustment on our ABS?