Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Back after a Long break

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 04:14 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by E-man930
We had two levels of ECUs offered at close to wholesale. The Pro for track cars / race cars and the Race for the street car crowd. The Pro ended up being $2,450 shipped (Retail $3100) and the Race went for $1400 shipped (Retail $1850) with harnesses + accessories + WBO2s. Actually I just had someone contact me this morning for a Pro and was able to get him the discount even after we closed out the group buy... Anyways enjoy your Fury, but why would you buy the Fury it has way more inputs then a 944 turbo engine needs to run? Why not just get some stage two chips to go with your K27 so you can be 100% period correct?
smh
Old 05-13-2020, 05:47 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Thomas did you find all of the pressure maps you are looking for yet?

Meanwhile the Premier group on Facebook is responsible for 12-14 completely new products for this car within the last two years. New Intake manifold, new billet merge collector long tube headers + crossover design, adjustable 8V & 16V Ti center cam gears with lock pins, 16V Ti crank gears, water pump block off plates to convert to electric drive waterpumps, three new modern performance 951 specific turbochargers that are all 100% bolt in, Kroon's new 951 replacement harness, ATI harmonic balancer hub drives, 8V Coil near plug adaptor plate, billet ITB intake, etc... the list goes on and will keep expanding. Some of the CNC projects being worked on will have big impacts on the entire 924S/944/951/968 community. I do agree with Thomas, i think it is good to keep the riffraff and noise out of our group so they don’t weigh everyone down and keep the cars in the 80s/90s tech wise, it definitely isn’t for people who can’t think outside of the box. There are 2,581 members currently in the group and that is plenty large to help show people the way to building a modern 951. I’m sure we’ll remove some more of the “know it alls” to keep raising the bar of what can be done with these old engines.

Hey Slapnuts, based on this preliminary sensor layout for a modern M44 engine setup, what ECU would you recommend? (This sensor graphic has since been expanded and is now integrated into an Excel spreadsheet to create a master list for the MacxEcu based on the pin outs and modern engine management components. This will allow end users to drill down and select what is applicable to their needs while at the same time ensuring the template is followed for scalability within the community)
I didn't know I was looking for "pressure maps"... perhaps that's because I don't even know what a "pressure map" is. Care to educate me?

As for the rest of your post it sums up the reason why I kicked you and many of your fanboys out of the main 944 turbo FB page. You come out as an arrogant individual who is pretending to redesign the wheel - dare I say a cowboy trying to shift snake oil - creating components that were never needed in the first place and trying to misguide people into buying them because you have been trying to make a business out of this, and anyone who questions your dodgy attitude and products will apparently be kicked out of your 944 turbo Premier$hit FB page.

The funny thing now is that you are boasting about this MaxxECU thing yet you were never able to provide me with back pressure readings and injector duty cycles when I questioned your HP claims of your "Voidoo" "quick spool" turbo which wake up no sooner than 4000 rpm. Before claiming to think out of the box you may perhaps try to even just figure out or understand what thinking inside the box actually consists in. That you now claim to have a say into anything ECU-related is laughable at best.

Also, you did not come up with a new intake manifold. This was initiated - on the regular 944 turbo FB page, with 6564 members, if anyone cares - by Hayward performance, a professional shop specialized in intakes and head work for various engines.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:00 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
As for the rest of your post it sums up the reason why I kicked you and many of your fanboys out of the main 944 turbo FB page.

by Hayward performance, a professional shop specialized in intakes and head work for various engines.
I didn't know you were *that* Thom... Everything makes so much more sense now. You sir, are the worst of the breed.

You're very interested in data from emanuel... Did anyone get the flow numbers off that heyward performance intake from "your page"... compared to stock?

Old 05-13-2020, 06:03 PM
Thom
Race Car

Well, keep it coming. With each new post you are digging your hole a little deeper

The 944 turbo is not "my" page, by the way.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:54 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thomas thinks the new intake is the one Lance made. 😂

Yes it’s THE Thom, Mr. Frenchie the pressure ratio expert. Back pressure “readings” were provide to people who a little more intelligent than you Thom. Same thing with actual data on spool and injector duty cycle data.

I just want you to know that I laughed hard about the “making a business out of this” comment. Can you imagine the hundreds of dollars I have made so far “making a business” out of my hobby? 😆
Old 05-13-2020, 07:03 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thommy,

Tell me more about the Voodoo turbo that doesn't "wake up" until 4,000 rpms, I want to see you continue to make an *** out of yourself. Also what about the other two turbos models?

Old 05-13-2020, 07:11 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thommy,

Tell me more about the Voodoo turbo that doesn't "wake up" until 4,000 rpms, I want to see you continue to make an *** out of yourself. Also what about the other two turbos models?

Yup! That’s my Data log with a voodooo turbo. 21psi at 3200rpm, logged on the m-tune. stock head, stock bottom end. AEM truboost boost controller. She spools quick and has huge power potential.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:27 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Oops did I start something, post an ECU and two days later...

...slappy...slapstick...slapnuts
The following users liked this post:
Auto_Werks 3.6 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:29 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

The funny thing now is that you are boasting about this MaxxECU thing yet you were never able to provide me with back pressure readings and injector duty cycles when I questioned your HP claims of your "Voidoo" "quick spool" turbo which wake up no sooner than 4000 rpm.
I haven't been sharing data yet because my car is still very much work in progress. I haven't sorted the boost threshold fully, but I'm still getting boost at 2700 rpm.. for now it runs about like a stock 951 until 3500 rpm. I'm getting boost before most people who share dynos, and I was maxing out the deka 80s with 70% ethanol on 19 psi runs. I'll save you the trouble of typing out that you don't believe any data you see that doesn't agree with your world view. I understand that's why we were removed from the garbage 951 facebook group. You can use the keystrokes over there to tell them how we hurt your feelings.

That maf voltage and duty cycle tho..

Old 05-13-2020, 09:55 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Oops did I start something, post an ECU and two days later...

...slappy...slapstick...slapnuts
Lol yea well, I wouldn't take all the blame if I were you. All you did was post an ECU.

When nobody bowed down to it and praised it as the greatest thing ever, Beavis couldn't contain himself, then had to go get Butthead and it promptly went to hell.

Which reminds me, hey Rainman - why are putting the Link ECU down and trying to allude that it's a lesser ECU? Link has been around for 30 years, is well respected within the industry and makes a great product. Shows your lack of respect, lack of knowledge, immaturity and general douchbaggery to trash a supplier like that. I tried to stay objective by saying that the Maxxecu is a new ECU and fairly unknown, and that the Pro level is overkill for a street car. I literally said it looks like they make a nice ECU. Who can tell for sure yet.

It's also funny how you have a hard-on for all the data and "modern" sensors however has anybody actually used this ECU to record this data and analyze it? Their website say's it's fastest sample rate is 1ms, but gives no indication of how many RAM/channels can be logged in total and no indication on what it's bandwidth is. Link at least tells you how many channels it can record (250), the fastest rate (1ms) and gives examples of how that measurement rate can be split up to fit within the bandwidth. Also do you realize the Maxxecu has 8MB of internal logging space, while the Link has 512MB…but it's a lesser ECU.

Are you putting this on a street car or an actual race car? If it's a street car then again, interesting choice but I'd be willing to bet you, or more likely someone smarter than you, will use that data for the first couple months while you're getting up and running and fine tuning and then never again. So all that money you spend on all the instrumentation will be a waste while it sits there not being used. Your screen shot looks pretty much like a text book development or high level race car setup, so I trust you have someone consulting you and supplying you with knowledge and experience to actually use it. But are they going to do that for everyone buying the ECU?

Last edited by SirLapsalot; 05-14-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Thom
Race Car

So someone eventually made their homework, namely getting to spool an oversized turbo, in between the moment no one could not or more likely refused to supply embarrassing relevant data, and now? How many months or even years did this take?

But anyway, I am so stupid. I and perhaps others idiots too got foolishly carried away into building several engines and stupidly using modern off-the-shelf gear such as a generic ECU and Garrett turbos whilst it would have been far more intelligent to listen to the saviours of the 944 turbo “community”, who have been blessing us all with out-of-the-box thinking and innovative 21st century components such as KKK-based turbos and a myriad of must-have replacement bling parts no one else had even just thought about ever before. I am sure the biggest names in Classic Motorsport have been overwhelming these people with phone calls in the hope to secure even just a few of all these miraculous bits, which will no doubt allow any car to run over the water without sinking – Hallelujah! How I wish I could do it all over again and upgrade my 2.5 8V engine. I am sure I would be a lot happier with my car if the Premier$hit page had existed earlier and its creators had shown me the light towards the one and unique Truth and blessed me with their intelligent thinking.

Oh, and someone thought they posted a picture of me earlier. Here is a more accurate one.

Last edited by Thom; 05-14-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

This is why I don't go on Facebook.

MODERATOR!!!!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Thom, ya gotta take a deep breath or a yoga class or something buddy. Stress is a real killer. No one cares what you're working on (that's why we didn't ask). And if you would stop publicly posting lies about what we're doing, we wouldn't be having a turbo conversation in an ECU thread.

So someone eventually made their homework, namely getting to spool an oversized turbo, in between the moment no one could not or more likely refused to supply embarrassing relevant data, and now? How many months or even years did this take?

But anyway, I am so stupid. I and perhaps others idiots too got foolishly carried away into building several engines and stupidly using modern off-the-shelf gear such as a generic ECU and Garrett turbos whilst it would have been far more intelligent to listen to the saviours of the 944 turbo “community”, who have been blessing us all with out-of-the-box thinking and innovative 21st century components such as KKK-based turbos and a myriad of must-have replacement bling parts no one else had even just thought about ever before. I am sure the biggest names in Classic Motorsport have been overwhelming these people with phone calls in the hope to secure even just a few of all these miraculous bits, which will no doubt allow any car to run over the water without sinking – Hallelujah! How I wish I could do it all over again and upgrade my 2.5 8V engine. I am sure I would be a lot happier with my car if the Premier$hit page had existed earlier and its creators had shown me the light towards the one and unique Truth and blessed me with their intelligent thinking.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:22 AM
Thom
Race Car

Well, in case it was not clear already I do not care about whatever you may be doing either.
What I care about is about people who keep having a go at me because I busted them out for their BS. And this my friend, you will have to put up with it until you and whoever else gives it a rest.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Well, in case it was not clear already I do not care about whatever you may be doing either.
Then you should stop posting about it. Might give others the wrong impression. You'll notice I don't have to explain any of my posts about your car....because there aren't any.

I also suggest upping your game on "calling them out on their BS". I would start with criticisms that cant be refuted with 3 seconds of posting data.

Quick Reply: Back after a Long break