Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

X-post SFR Exhaust Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 04:04 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, the test pipes are the Fabspeed ones and come to him prebuilt, so there is probably not an option on getting those unpolished.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:13 PM
AlexE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great .... so if we hit 10 test pipes.... we could look at 100 off. ?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Dunno....start hitting up all your friends to buy and we'll see....I think we're up to 6 on them now who have expressed interest.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Bill_396
Instructor

Default test pipe

We should be able to hit ten on the test pipes based on how many cat backs were sold last fall. Let's hope for $400 test pipes! Bill
Old 03-08-2004, 05:30 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

That's a possibility....but Tim buys them from Fabspeed and I don't know how much he pays for them. I'm sure he'll still want to make some profit off of them, so there may or may not be much of a bigger discount available.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Maybe if we can get 10 people in for the testpipes that would be enough for Tim to make a special order from Fabspeed (w/ option for no polishing)? No idea how their arangement works, just a thought. I would for sure be down if the price was under $400.

BTW: Fabspeed's website show a flange for the wastegate pipe. Do we need this?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Perhaps so Ben. I'll add that to the list of new questions for Tim. I've got at least 2 other questions already. Figure up a bunch tonite and call him again tomorrow to get them answered all at once and put the phone call on my company's dime shhhhh!!!!!!!

Anyway, I looked at my wastegate tie in today....mine is welded to the exhaust there. However it looks like their wastegate tie in works like the piece does for the test pipe where you can have the cat or a straight through there. It's just a slip fit over it. It's possible that many of the early 944Ts had a flange there that you would bolt it to instead of it being a slip on. So that's yet another question $5 isn't enough to take me out of the running for it either way....maybe for those that need them we can get him to throw them in for free. A thought anyway....details later.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am confirming my order. I want one!

I want, Oval Muffler, Oval Tip, Unpolished Pipe.

Thanks for all the work on this Turbo944.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:54 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Great Brantley! As soon as we definitely know we have 10 people then we can start to order. I'd hate for us to order and end up with only 9. Although 9 people right now have said definitely (including me and you) we need to get one more fence sitter or new person to commit. There are about 6-8 people thinking about it who were waiting on price or getting questions answered. All we need is one of them if the 9 of us all order.

When the time comes, you'll just need to call Tim at 619-654-3532 and tell him what you want and that you're part of the Rennlist Group Buy.

I'll be posting answers to a few more questions around noon or so EST tomorrow that people have had and that I've come up with. I want to make sure everyone can get what they want and know what they are getting.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Again, if anyone here is fence sitting because they have a question they want answered, let me know....I'm going to talk to Tim again in the morning and ask several more questions people have inquired about or you are free to call him yourself to decide.

Thanks so far for the participation.....it looks like we do have enough for the testpipe group buy right now and if everyone does order the catback we'll just need one more order to make it 10 and get the discount. I hope we can get everybody's questions answered and get that up to 13-15 people though.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:26 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Turbo944: Would it be possible for you to post a list of who is in and what they are getting?

One question I would like answered is to know for certain that the 3" catback will bolt up to a Bursch test pipe.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:39 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

I'm working on that right now.....should be posted here very soon.

Does the Bursch test pipe bolt up to the stock cat back? If so I'd say there shouldn't be any problems......but I'll add it to my Tim asking list. The three would have to be compatible if the Bursch does bolt right up to the stock unit as the stock unit and the SFR bolt up the same to the back of the cat pipe/test pipe. So the SFR and stock would have the same connection and thus if the stock hooks to the Bursch the SFR should too. Then again maybe I'm insane Anybody done this for sure out there?

Right now I have you in the "definitely want to order" group.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:15 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

All right true believers..... here's the list. If you think you should be in another category....let me know. If you haven't posted here by in the morning that all is well, I will PM you to find out for sure.

If your name is in the possible list and you want it moved up to confirmed, let me know. I'm going to edit this post as we hear from people and repost it occasionally to show what's going on. According to this there are 9 people who have definite readiness to purchase. Those who are on the question list.....are you interested? Any questions we need to answer to get you to swing onto the confirmed side of the list (I have a new batch for tomorrow already, hopefully this will start swinging people....).

If you do NOT see your name on this list and you would like to have it on here, post here, PM me, email me at need4speed@prodigy.net or send smoke signals to get your name added so we can get ready to make this order.

We DEFINITELY have enough to do the test pipe order at this point. We may be able to talk Tim into a bit lower price if we can get a few more, but that is not a promise....just a thought. Especially if he has to order from them and perhaps could get them at a lower cost from them or unpolished or something. Again, just conjecture at this point and not a guarantee.

Confirmed to order
turbo944 ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!
stoked944 ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!
steve g ORDERED!!!!!!!
SoloRacer ORDERED!!!!!!!!!
karlfrevans ORDERED!!!!!!!!
buckshot ORDERED!!!!!!!!
Tb311b ORDERING 3/12!!!!!!
Brantley ORDERED!!!!!!!!!
Sean Banfill (picking up his 89 S2 this week!) ORDERING EARLY NEXT WEEK
John Fisher (to be phoenix951) ORDERED!!!!!!!!!
AndrewP951 ORDERED!!!!!!!
K-bit ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brad-cam ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!
deetz ORDERED!!!!!!!!!
Jason Kay ORDERED!!!!!!!
mikl1976 ORDERED!!!!!!!
MachSchnell ORDERED!!!!!

beab951 ORDERED!!!!!!

Possible orders
Sufnituning
OriginalSterm's father
Riff
jason952
jp944

Testpipe confirmed (6 so far!)
AlexE ORDERING 3/11
turbo944 ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!
'86 944 turbo ORDERED!!!!!!!
EJ
Bill_396 ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben Z.
Deetz ORDERED!!!!!!!!!
Jason Kay ORDERED!!!!!!!!

Last edited by turbo944; 03-15-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:28 AM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

Does the SFR catback come with the sealing gasket for the flange ?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:34 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

That's a question on my list for today is to see if we are getting them with it for free or not.....I think last time those were thrown in for free. Doesn't make any guarantees for this time though. Tim does have them for sale if we need one however and if the buy doesn't include them. I'll see if we can get them tossed in if we get more than 10 people in on it.....looks like we could likely do that now.

Quick Reply: X-post SFR Exhaust Group Buy