Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

anyone have a spare intake manifold gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a little confused why this would be leaking oil. There is a seperate gasket is on each runner of the intake. Is this the gasket you are referring too?

Picture of Gasket

Paragon item# 944IMG ; price each : $1.37
Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the gasket. I don't have to much oil in my intercooler pipes or anything. It doesnt actually drip. I said drip as a reference to quantity. and i even exagerated with the amount, proably maybe one, max 2 drips worth of oil make it out of there. Danno gas seen it, he knows what I'm talking about. It never really makes it to the driveway that often. It looks like its blown out, probably under boost. The oil in the valve cover probably makes its way there. Its a very small amount. I probably made it sound worse then it is. The car is running to strong to have such a problem. (at least i think) It dynoed 195.4 a few days ago, its all stock.
~Eyal
Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect it's his turbo's seals. They aren't dynamic seals and wear out over time. Not that big a deal really. When I first got my 951, the stock turbo was leaking pretty badly. Whenver I'd floor it in front of people at night, I could see a cloude of smoke illuminated by their headlights. Somehow, it didn't look as bad during the day, hardly visible at all.

So I went to replace the turbo and the 1st time I pulled off the intercooler -pipe, oil was dripping out of the throttle-body for over 5-minutes!. The intercooler also yielded about a quart of oil as well. I wouldn't worry about it until you're using a quart a week of oil. I think in the Porsche maintenance book, they said up to 1-quart per 1300km was OK???

Quick Reply: anyone have a spare intake manifold gasket?