Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Some Photos...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004 | 12:35 AM
jdog
Pro

Eyal,
That last pic of the 1st set is abs. awesome!!!
Can't wait until I possibly move to CA
JR
Old 03-03-2004 | 11:56 PM
ringo951
Burning Brakes

Looks like the road between Baton Rouge and New Orleans......

Old 03-04-2004 | 03:44 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Crazy Eddie
Eyal951
Did you just take the front plate of for the pict ? Or do you just take the risk
of getting a ticket. I ask this because I have been dying to do it be really don't want to be written up. Where I use to work the landlord who owned the office building ( has more money then God ) never put on his front plate on either of his cars. A 911 turbo and the Mercedes box (you know the ugly SUV that costs a bundle) Moral of the story is: w/ his money that kind of ticket is like paying a bridge toll for the average Joe .
BTW very nice picts Looks like the roads I drove when I went to LA from the N CA
I take the risk of the ticket. I haven't gotten a ticket yet, I haven't even been pulled over in the car yet! I keep the license plate in my glove box. If i get pulled over, I just come up with a story of how the mount broke and I've been meaning to fix it. It could work, it might not. It does give the officer a reason to pull me over when he otherwise has none, but man does it look good! The ticket is only ten dollars if you pay it in a timely manner (otherwise its 20)

To everyone else; if you are around, and want a tour of these roads and the whole area, you're more then welcome to! Just promise to be careful. I don't want the guilt of showing you these roads as the cause of you or your cars demise.
~Eyal
Old 03-04-2004 | 09:03 AM
Danno
Race Director

I've gone to jail before because of a missing front plate... don't push your luck...
Old 03-04-2004 | 12:55 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Jail?!??!!? holy crap, with my luck re: tickets, remind me never to move to CA, i'd proably be shot on-site.
Old 03-04-2004 | 01:01 PM
djazzy99
Instructor

do you guys have to have front plates everywhere in the U.S.? i am from Canada, and we have to have them on in Ontario, but i have seen some american cars up here with only the rear plates. is it different depending on what state you are in?
Old 03-04-2004 | 01:33 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Each state can choose 1 or 2 plates. In Indiana we have both plates. I would guess that most states require 2 plates. I don't know why it is either way.
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:00 PM
jace
Intermediate

Thanks alot, looks just like our contry roads here in Ohio....maybe without the hills or the curves!

BTW, Ohio does require two plates, but Michigan does not. I'm right on the border so I take my chances w/o the front plate. I've never heard of anyone having too big of an issue with it....but this is probably because the Ohio Highway Patrol are such nice guys!
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:07 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Danno,
How the hell did you end up in jail over a 10 dollar ticket? there must have been a reason. Yelling at the cop? what?
~Eyal
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:17 PM
slinky
Burning Brakes

Eyal,

I'm so jealous! It sure is beautiful out there. I can't imagine being able to see that everyday.

My husband and I have been talking about moving to Cali someday. The only thing holding us back is the job situation.
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:21 PM
jace
Intermediate

Right.....the fact that Danno was going 135 mph with that girl in his avatar sitting on his lap while throwing beer cans at signs....had nothing to do with him getting taken to jail.....It had to be that front plate, darn it!

Old 03-04-2004 | 05:12 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Eyal 951
Thanks for the explanation. I might try it .... Its just that I have a tendency to have a lead foot so anymore unnecessary attraction may prove foolish
But for 10 dollars $hit I may try it....

slinky
The job situation here sucks. I am in hi tech and the east coast (where I am orig.
from ) is like a boom town compared to here.... But the area is beautiful. When
I first moved here from NY people asked me how is it out here...? I told them it's
like upstate NY on steroids .....
Yea and as far as Danno you forgot one other thing He flipped off the Cop as well :-)
Old 03-04-2004 | 05:27 PM
slinky
Burning Brakes

My husband and I are both in advertising. We had a friend (also in advertising) who moved out to San Diego right after 9/11. He was unable to find a job and ended up filing for bankruptcy! We had been planning on following him out there, but now we're thinking twice about it.

We went to southern California on our honeymoon and were bowled over by the near-perfect weather. Maybe someday (hopefully soon) the economy will pick up and make a move to California more of a sure thing for us. But even here on the east coast, things in advertising are not so hot. I've been working at a job I hate for the past two years (started right after 9/11). I started looking for another position almost immediately and have yet to find anything.
Old 03-04-2004 | 08:54 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

no no, you guys are mixing up your Danno stories again! He pulled one of the classic "...as long as you don't look in my trunk" lines...

...well, needless to say, the officer spotted the drug paraphernalia and empty bottles of Jack pretty darn quickly!!

...and the girl in his avatar was at my place at the time.

Last edited by FSAEracer03; 03-04-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Some Photos...