Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danno, you've got pm.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:28 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"Our latest v9 chips can run 15-18psi for 250-270rwhp no problem. "

Danno, if that is the case, wouldn't those running less than 18 psi be really rich??

Or do the chips just add the right fuel for what ever boost you running up to 18psi???
Old 03-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Waterguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an interesting time adjusting my reliaboost mbc. I first installed it between the banjo bolt and the hard pipe to the CV. The car was overboosting, probably because of kinks in the hose between the reliaboost and the hard pipe.

Tonight I ran a new hose from the reliaboost direct to the wastegate, bypassing the CV. The car now had about 6 psi boost. I adjusted the reliaboost 1 full turn, took it back out. The car had about 6 psi boost. I adjusted the reliaboost 1 full turn, took it back out. The car had about 6 psi boost. I adjusted the reliaboost .... You get the idea. By the time I had bottomed out the adjusting ****, I was pretty sure something was wrong.

I took the reliaboost off the car and pulled it apart. It had some sort of crap stuck to the ball valve seat. It looked liek a piece of teflon thread tape from when it was assembeld, but I couldn't be sure. I cleaned it thoroughly, reassembled, guessed at the initial setting and resintalled it. Hallelujah! 12 psi boost! I now have it set to about 16 psi, dropping to about 14 psi near the redline. The car goes like the proverbial bat out of Hades.

Thanks Danno! Your chip kit is working great for me! I will get it on the dyno later this spring.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:28 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Danno
Interesting idea. You should be getting your chips & headgasket in a couple days. Why don't you send me your KLR chip and I can compare to the stock US KLR chip.
Sounds fair!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:40 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat
Not 100% sure about this but i dont think the UK cars have either the RC or the IA plugs? I just didnt see anything like that when i was fitting the chip. Bear in mind at he same time i soldered the A/F into the DME harness so i was pulling and proding at it quite alot. This ither plug the IA is it much further up the loom?
BTW what is the Impedance adaptor for? (and dont say adapting the impedance!!)

My car 1990 did have the region coding socket but no plug and Davids car 1989 had the IA plug and socket (no cat in 89). Not sure on mine didn't see it but it was a long way up the harness.
On a car with no cat or lambda sensor should the IA plug be in place?
Tony
Old 04-14-2005, 02:50 AM
NormD
Instructor

I have a Guru setup but I did not bypass the cycling valve, should I is there a chance I can overboost

Norm

Quick Reply: Guru chip install question and a bunch of other Q