Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

calling dude named karl who bought 968 block from me before xmas...paramedic i think

Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i say we just give it to a guy named Karl

I was going to suggest that mumzer send it to me and I'd "store" it until Karl comes looking for it.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:03 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

>>>NZ951 Right on turbo951fan. It would be more ethical to send it at his place of work, assumed its known. I dont think anyone has mentioned the legal oligations of each party yet. Surely thats what must be adhered to, not opinions on a forum! Selling it again is just plain wrong IMO.

NZ951,
Sending to work? We already covered how poor an idea that is. Legal obligations. Yup.
mumzer might have a clue along those lines. Practicing attorney and all. Mumzer is also taking your advice and not adhering to your opinion (in which you contradict yourself three times in one post- sheesh) which was posted in a forum.

If he is so well versed in the legal requirements, why post about this topic, and not mention them? I did not contradict myself 3 times in my post. Perhaps you need to read it again. Be aware that telling someone they should not adhere to opinions in a forum about this matter, and then to give an opinion is not a contradiction... If you can prove logically that I contradicted myself 3 times in that post, I will start a crusade to have your status changed to god.

Last edited by NZ951; 03-11-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:11 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would imagine that being you have given him a reasonable time to pick up the motor, that you could go ahead and sell it. Also the fact that you can not get ahold of him at all. I would take the amount he paid you though, and stick it in the savings account for the next few months, just in case he does contact you about it, so at least you can give him the money back that he paid you. Sell the motor to someone else. But then again i am no attorney! If he did go overseas for the military, you would think that he would have had someone contact you about this deal, and not just leave it in the open. God bless guys in the military, but they still need to take care of their business deals.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:45 AM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mumzer is right, though, he can easily put a lein on the block and re-sell it. however, i dont think thatd be the best course of action, but theres nothing that says he cant. i just think there are better options
Old 03-29-2004, 04:13 PM
mumzer
Racer

Default oy vey...what a lot of hand wringing

New Zealand...i didnt start this thread asking for advice...i started it looking to make contact with Karl. I get all my legal advice from my German Shepherd, so not to worry, I am at least as well counseled as I would be were I to rely on your sage advice.

Incidentally he has some super tips on windshield wiper upgrades, engine compartment covers and other useful racecar tech items...he does tend to overengineer everything, and be warned, frquently argues compellingly for the inclusion of 40lb bags of kibble in the spare tire well.

He doesnt type that well though, so if you email him for tech be patient with his spelling.

I was able through the spooky snoopiness of other listers track down a phone number for the guy...which works....and leave a voice mail which has gone unanswered for several weeks. (To those who are spookily snoopy...thanks.)

This in addition to a multitude of emails.

The block has now been sitting in a shipping crate in the corner or my garage for 5 months...and by committing to buy the cylinder head as well, but without follow through, this situation has prevented me from selling that as well.

So...if he is in Iraq, or the Gulf, or elsewhere in central asia, God Bless him (and in the interest of the separation of church and state, only when he is not in unifirm, and only during off-duty hours, and to the extent that he is agnostic or atheist or transcendalist or animist, may he be blessed only by somebody [maybe], nobody [ever], the oversoul, or twigs and berries) and i do sincerely hope in a most- islam affirming way that he assists a great many of miliants in achieving their long desired hope to a visit with the 70 virgins and manages a quick DROS.

Having said all of that....im sick of looking at it....if anyone here needs a perfect (ie new) 968 block with balance shaft covers and crank girdle, its for sale fo 1350 shipped.

if not, it goes on ebay.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:19 PM
NZ951
Race Director

What are his tips on the wiper upgrade and compartment covers? Is he a paid up member? Or a freeloader?
Old 03-29-2004, 04:25 PM
mumzer
Racer

freeloader like me...i guess i get what i pay for.

dude... if you are gonna talk smack...get some skills.

by the way...i f memory serves you were at around 1600 posts or so when you paid up...seems like i have to freeload for another 4-5x before i meet your becnhmark.

i better get busy.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:33 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I am not talking "smack". They are legitimate questions, in a similar way yours might be. In the event I do require the need for "smack" talking, where should I obtain such wonderful skills you are so clearly blessed with? With respect to the "get what you pay for" comment, speaks for itself... Get a free advert for your already sold block to a targeted audience? Seems like you should be paying for that, maybe put it in the Rennlist classifieds? Oh no hang on that requires membership. I wonder if you could use the proceeds from selling your block twice to fund your membership, that way when you go to sell this block another time you can use the proper forum? Just a crazy thought... I know its a lot of money.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

^
^
^
^
^
Old 03-29-2004, 04:57 PM
mumzer
Racer

I am not talking "smack". They are legitimate questions, in a similar way yours might be.
um...yes you are. you called my dog a freeloader (low man... im telling PETA) I didnt say your questions weren't legitimate...you apparently inferred that i thought they were silly (something i inferred from your tone).

If I were talking smack here, it might be a good spot to call you a witless moosecock and tell you to go zymol your crankshaft. I could also link the audience to the thread where you "came-out" and announced your membership (woohoo thats some interesting tech on 951s) and point out that you were a huge hypocrite based on the number of posts you had made prior to such membership.

All of which would be a little heavy-handed...instead i'll go with:

"In fairness, i should offer that i did in fact think they were silly, and thats the first thing you have said that makes any sense."

In the event I do require the need for "smack" talking, where should I obtain such wonderful skills you are so clearly blessed with?

I appreciate the compliment and i commend you on your willingness to learn and your command of your own limitations.

Id start with smack talk special ed.

With respect to the "get what you pay for" comment, speaks for itself... Get a free advert for your already sold block to a targeted audience? Seems like you should be paying for that, maybe put it in the Rennlist classifieds? I wonder if you could use the proceeds from selling your block twice to fund your membership? Just a crazy though... I know its a lot of money.
dude...my original message was to try to find the guy. I was seeking information...not a legal opinion ( i have the GSD for that).

I figured a porsche website might be a good place to find him. As luck would have it, I was wrong...the block is still darkening the corner of the garage.

To be accurate...i havent sold the block a second time...although if you want it, id be happy to fed ex it to you.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:06 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Funny how the non-contributors flock together for safety.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
mumzer
Racer

Originally posted by NZ951
Funny how the non-contributors flock together for safety.
what the hell are you talking about...safety from what?

sad how the deluded think that a club membership makes them popular.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:12 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally posted by mumzer
um...yes you are. you called my dog a freeloader

I did not call it one, it simply is be definition

If I were talking smack here, it might be a good spot to call you a witless moosecock and tell you to go zymol your crankshaft.

You are a clear facination with "zymol", its a theme with you I notice

I could also link the audience to the thread where you "came-out" and announced your membership (woohoo thats some interesting tech on 951s) and point out that you were a huge hypocrite based on the number of posts you had made prior to such membership.

Yes, I realised not paying was wrong. I corrected it. Unlike you.

I appreciate the compliment and i commend you on your willingness to learn and your command of your own limitations.

Yes, I like to learn. This is evidenced by my 6 years of University study to date.

Id start with smack talk special ed.

Does your dog attend or take the class?

dude...my original message was to try to find the guy. I was seeking information...not a legal opinion ( i have the GSD for that).

Yet you try to sell it now... refer above.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:25 PM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Hey cool down you guys. Mumzer has done all he can. The guy has put up partial payment and not followed through on a verbal or email, voicemail contract to pay for the rest and pick it up. The SF Fire Dept is not going to want a 968 block taking up space in their facilities! Mumzer is holding the money if the guy shows after his amnesia wears off. Maybe he is in Paris, Texas with Danno's girlfriend and dreaming of Paris, France!

See you on the 10th mumzer? Really should pay those rennlist dues!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Non contributors? Rrrriiigggght.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: calling dude named karl who bought 968 block from me before xmas...paramedic i think