Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

calling dude named karl who bought 968 block from me before xmas...paramedic i think

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Danno
A couple years ago, I sucked face with this really cute blonde chic over New Years. Her name was Lindsey I think. She was from out of town and I passed out before I could get her number and she was gone in the morning. Can you guys find her for me???
Found Her. Since parting with you she's overcome her misery by drowning herself in cheese burgers and shakes but still wears sexy thongs in hopes of reuniting with you........

Here's a pic, let me know if you need her number
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2004, 09:41 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

that's cold man...real cold .
Old 03-04-2004, 10:58 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Found Her. Since parting with you she's overcome her misery by drowning herself in cheese burgers and shakes but still wears sexy thongs in hopes of reuniting with you........
lol, that is cruel.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey thanks Jeremy! Your tip actually helped me track her down in Paris. Paris FRANCE that is, rather than Paris TEXAS where you found those other ladies:

Old 03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
mumzer
Racer

great googly moogly thats a nice ***.

but...

i called and left a message for karl...no answer, no response.

as far as i am concerned he has been given fair warning.

the block is available for sale again. brand new 968 block with balance shaft covers and main girdle.

1395 plus freight (what i paid for it, what he paid for it should i have to reimburse him)
Old 03-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

The Cup would be the "America's Cup" Sailing NZ won it,held if for 2 events then lost it to Land Locked Switzerland. GO figure, a nation wins the biggest sailing event in the world and does not have an ocean to hold the next event.

Cliff 88 951
Old 03-10-2004, 09:59 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We held it for 8 years, did any of the crew on the Alinghi (Swiss boat) look familiar? Like the designers of the boat? The captain? The navigator? Most of the crew? All NZ'ers that were on the last NZ challenge!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And the canuck bowman.

Mumzer, I'd say you've taken adequate steps now.

Just make sure you have that cash on hand when he comes knocking!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

dunno...here fireman are heros: "New York's Bravest"

anyplace else ?
Old 03-11-2004, 01:01 AM
turbo951fan
Racer

Personally I would store it for as long as necessary. Do you want to cash in twice or why are you selling something which is not owned by yourself?
Old 03-11-2004, 01:07 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Right on turbo951fan. It would be more ethical to send it at his place of work, assumed its known. I dont think anyone has mentioned the legal oligations of each party yet. Surely thats what must be adhered to, not opinions on a forum! Selling it again is just plain wrong IMO.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:14 AM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I think there may be limitations which allow a person to regain property to something that is ":sold" if it not picked up. I thought I remeber that from my law classes. Kind of like a mechanics lien although usually those aren't paid for type cases.
I would check with local law enfor.

It could be entirely possible that the guy is in jail, out of the country and can't be reached or just can't get to a comp.
It has been done before.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
mumzer
Racer

did any of you see the sign on my front lawn that said dead porsche storage?

no?

you know why?

cuz storing dead porsches aint my business.

i have posted for him in the public forum through which i advertised the part for sale originally.

he has not responded

i have (thankls to you guys) called his home phone number.

he has not responded.

i have emailed him at the email address we used to communicate and negotiate the purchase originally.

he has not responded.

i have made a "best efforts" attempt to complete the transaction an he has failed to respond.

if he shows up now and gets the block, perfect.

the rest of the story is that he committed to buy a reace preped cylinder head and valvetrain as well and the payment he gave me was a deposit for half of the total price.

not only am i storing the stuff for him, but its preventing me from selling the bits he hasnt paid for as well.

legally? well we had a contract...that he would buy the parts from me at a an agreed on price and would pay for the balance of them, and get them the hell out of my garage within two weeks.

i dont have any legal obligation to store them indefinitely...he is in breach. if he shows up i'll happily refund his money, but in the mean time, the parts are for sale.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

>>>NZ951 Right on turbo951fan. It would be more ethical to send it at his place of work, assumed its known. I dont think anyone has mentioned the legal oligations of each party yet. Surely thats what must be adhered to, not opinions on a forum! Selling it again is just plain wrong IMO.

turbo951fan Personally I would store it for as long as necessary. Do you want to cash in twice or why are you selling something which is not owned by yourself?<<<

turbo951fan,
You must have a much bigger garage than me.

NZ951,
Sending to work? We already covered how poor an idea that is. Legal obligations. Yup.
mumzer might have a clue along those lines. Practicing attorney and all. Mumzer is also taking your advice and not adhering to your opinion (in which you contradict yourself three times in one post- sheesh) which was posted in a forum.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, i say we just give it to a guy named Karl

Quick Reply: calling dude named karl who bought 968 block from me before xmas...paramedic i think