Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How do you fit the 10 speaker option door brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:56 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How do you fit the 10 speaker option door brackets?

I bought a pair of 10 speaker option door brackets (with 2 speakers in each version). 944 racing sold them to me and said they just screw into the handle assy. Basically they dont fit, no holes to screw them into, nor will they screw into the handle assemly. Any ideas on how these fit??? What am I missing? I have the 10 speaker option door pocket which covers these by the way...
Old 02-12-2004, 02:54 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's been a while since i pulled mine apart...i think there are
- 2 screws along the bottom of the bracket that screw into the actual door (pretty obvious where they are, there are big crevasses that they sit in.
- there is another screw about halfway-up, towards the front of the bracket, that also screws into the door.
-there are two more screws along the top...these screw into metal brackets that hang off the back 2 screws (big ones) that hold the handle assembly to the door. basically, you push the large screws through the holes in the handle assembly, hang the metal brackets off these screws, and then attach the handle assembly to the door (so that the end of the brackets sit in between the handle assembly and the door). the other end of the bracket are threaded (or have a flat nut on them), that you then attach your speaker bracket to.

hope that makes sense.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:01 AM
NZ951
Race Director

For a Kangeroo, you aint a bad bloke, mate.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Paul Flintoft
Intermediate

Default Cus

.... dirty deeds and they're done with sheep.............

Choice, eh?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:03 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

w00t, go paul .

did that help, nz951? were u missing the metal brackets?

Last edited by facboy; 02-12-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:50 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Yeah bro. Cherrrrrrr. Yeah, 944 Racing did not send me the brackets! Thjey said the panels that I paid a huge amount of money for would screw straight on. Anyone got these brackets spare or know where I can get some???
Old 02-13-2004, 12:35 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

hmm...they're not wildly high-tech or anything...you could prolly get some made up urself...you'd just need to measure them up, and make them out of steel or something so you could bend them a bit to fit. they're basically just a flattened u-shape in profile, with the door-side one bent further in so that it hangs off the back-side of the handle assembly. the holes in them are quite big too, it's definitely not a precision part...prolly at least a half-cm in diameter. the speaker-side hole just has one of those brass flat-plate nuts that slide on - i forget what the proper name for them is, but u know the type, it's like a piece of brass folded in two with a threaded hole in the middle, they're all over the interior (eg most of the plastic parts of the dash are attached to the dask framework with them). as long as u made it reasonably stiff so that it didn't warp or flex too much with the speakers hanging off it, i wouldn't think it would be a big issue. or u could ask the dealer .

Quick Reply: How do you fit the 10 speaker option door brackets?