Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 T Starts then dies without throttle

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

What's going on with the 3-pipe manifold under the intake? Looks like someone cut the front ends off with garden clippers or something? That makes me sad.

I know it's not today's issue, but I'd also change those original fuel lines. They get brittle, leak gas onto the hot headers, and cause fires. Not really if, but when.

If you think all the hoses are connected where they should be, then perhaps a pressure test is in order, followed by more traditional diagnostic testing (fuel pressure, sensor checks, isolating cylinders, etc.).
Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Jacob Turcotte
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
What's going on with the 3-pipe manifold under the intake? Looks like someone cut the front ends off with garden clippers or something? That makes me sad.

I know it's not today's issue, but I'd also change those original fuel lines. They get brittle, leak gas onto the hot headers, and cause fires. Not really if, but when.

If you think all the hoses are connected where they should be, then perhaps a pressure test is in order, followed by more traditional diagnostic testing (fuel pressure, sensor checks, isolating cylinders, etc.).
I made a vacuum/pressure tester a while back that connects to the j-boot so maybe I’ll use that to check. I’ve also been looking for some nice braided fuel lines just waiting for a good price. About a year ago I rebuilt the head (valves, gaskets etc.) and the compression was fine then so I’m hoping that is not a problem. How do I check fuel pressure?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Jacob Turcotte
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured it out last night, there was a crack in one of the Venturi hoses that I didn’t notice. I repaired the hose and the car idles!
Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

Congrats!
Old 01-24-2019, 01:24 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad to hear

Nothing worse the Crack Ho's

Quick Reply: 944 T Starts then dies without throttle