Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

what to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 AM
ian kam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do

well getting ready to put the vitesse stage 2 kit on when it arrives my question is what should i all do while its torn apart. I have already ordered new reference and rpm sensors going to clean up the ground connections on the bell housing,replace all the coolant lines, oil breather kit from lindsey,hard pipe upgrade. The vacum lines are all done already. I will be getting the intake cleaned up and coated with clear so i dont have to clean it every second week. Any suggestions on doing the valve cover leave it or go red or black (leaving porsche aluminum). I just want to make sure while this all apart to do what should be done to prevent a tear down later!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Ian, While apart (and assuming engine is out of the car) I would replace the Rod Bearings, seals, Head Gasket, refresh head...
Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
ian kam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well engine is still in the car so maybe hard to do. I have cleaned up the engine actuall still very clean all seals appear dry. I'm wondering if previously rebuilt? As for the head rebuild $$ is getting a little tight may need to wait. Anything else needed? Any word on the kit and recieved the funds?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:57 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Ian, You have a PM
Old 01-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ian,,,congrats on the kit. I've had the pleasure of assisting in putting one of these on Jim's (jwl) car. Very nice kit, straightforward install. You will have to reindex the turbo, probably have to grind on the top bolt housing of the turbo,,you may want to see about counter sinking a couple of flush mount screws on the bottom of the bracket on the throttle body.

Do you know what head gasket is on the car or when it was done? Like John said, what about rod bearings...the cost of those is less than $50 and if you're doing the work with friends, bearings and oil pan gakset wouldn't be so bad. Pics of cam tower(s) and hard pipes to follow...good luck!

Here is a link to the thread on install the Stage II kit.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=jwl+rebuild

Quick Reply: what to do