Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

vitesse stage 2 vs. kokeln stage 5

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 07:30 PM
mommaslilinjun
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vitesse stage 2 vs. kokeln stage 5

which one provides more peak hp and torque with less lag when tuned properly? please post dynos. also, 1/4 mile times for each?
Old 01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can see dyno sheets at

www.lindseyracing.com
www.vitesseracing.com

Both turbos, with MAF, piggyback software etc are probably very close. You can get quick spool options on both. I have a Kokeln, presently still running factory AFM with the Kokeln intake. I just helped install a Vitesse STage II with MAF and piggyback. Both turbos probably don't get spooling good until 3500-3600 and full boost by 3900-4000, maybe a few rpm sooner with the enhanced options.

I had a flatter torque curve than my friends car but we think he had an exhaust leak. He made more hp and torque even at 1 psi less because of the MAF and tuning capability of the piggyback. I just purchased a Stage II MAF and MAfterburner piggyback and software from Lindsey, install in two weeks.

I opted to get rid of the water pipe, aux pump and other assorted stuff for an oil cooled only turbo because my car is not a daily driver nor does my wife drive it. jwl opted to keep the water jacket, which the Vitesse has and his wife does occasionally drive the car.

You won't find better customer support from either vendor. When you add all the prices into the "kits", they are also close in price so in my opinion, either turbo or kit from either vendor is worth the money and the performance that you pay for.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:23 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

From what I have heard, the lindsey/kokeln sport turbos with/without water are a very good deal.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:55 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<Lindsey fan all the way

of course not like it wasent well known knowledge anyhow but, thought I would just say none the less
Old 01-26-2004, 08:05 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

I think you would find you will get more support from vitesse.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John does offer some great customer support. Not to repost but I think they both offer some of the best in the business.

We had a pretty good thread going recently on each of their kits - 363 to Stage II package - until someone got a little nasty and John D locked it. After helping Jim(jwl) install his Vitesse stage II, I was present a couple of times when John(@ Vitesse) called to check on our progress. Very nice of him to do that. By the same token, I have always been able to get a hold of Dave, he has always emailed me back or called me back.

IN that thread, we took what pcs that you actually got, substituted where both Kits(yes the 363 is different w/o MAF but we substituted) would have: turbo, MAF, injectors, DP wastegate, MBC, software and piggybacks. The cost difference was minimal...I think Lindsey came up just a few dollars cheaper.

This is sort of hijacking the thread, which was more about the turbos, but you have to have other items to match the turbo application and both of these vendors have what it takes to get you that.

Vitesse just sent jwl new updated software free...jwl also just purchased a 3 pc cross member from Lindsey and the 2 pc crossover pipe. jwl was taking his car to the Tech Session in Tulsa this past weekend and on Friday was taking his car by a shop to change all of this. The parts were to meet jwl at this shop in Tulsa. Dave L accidently shipped the parts to jwl's home rather than Tulsa, realized this on Wednesday, made two new parts and had them shipped overnight to Tulsa...pretty nice gester.

We all know that Scott Gomes and John Milledge are incredible when it comes to hp(and Chris White) but they take some serious $$$. For those of us that have a less limited funds, Lindsey and Vitesse both offer up great products, support...and deliver the goods.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:44 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a Vitesse st2 T04E turbo with the quick spool option. I make 15psi at 3,000 psi in 4th. The car feels very good between 2-3krpm, and makes very good power above 3 krpm. I am also running a Link stand alone and use pretty agressive timing in the part throttle with a fairly lean mixture during spool up so the engine feels very peppy. All in all I am very happy with the turbo but can't really speak to the piggyback as I don't run one.

John is a good person to deal with and offer great tech support.

For reference, the car max's out (99%) 57# injectors / 3 bar FPR at about 16psi while showing ~12.2 afr on my wideband. No dyno results yet but I'll get round to it soon.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Ski's got great credibility here since he's one of the few who've tried out both the Lindsey-363 kit and the Vitesse as well.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

One is water cooled, and one is not, i would buy the water cooled for street.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:07 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

I would say whichever route you go, make sure you have someone experienced standby who can fine tune the car on a dyno. BOTH kits need finetuning, that's where the HP and TQ is made. Look at NZ951, his car made 249 before and 315 after an EXPERIENCED person did the finetuning. I can't stress this enough.

Quick Reply: vitesse stage 2 vs. kokeln stage 5