Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dynoed with 'essential upgrade kit'

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 05:13 PM
slim_boy_fat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynoed with 'essential upgrade kit'

Anyone on here had their turbo dynoed after fitting the guru(or similar) chips boost controler, wastegate shims and 3.0bar FPR.

If so what power and torque figures did you get. What boost.

State if its a 220bhp or 250bhp standard model.

Thanks.

Oh and plots would be nice...

Old 01-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Billy W
Racer

I have an 86 (220bhp) and I dynoed @ 240 rwhp with the guru chips.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:14 PM
slim_boy_fat
Racer

Originally posted by Billy W
I have an 86 (220bhp) and I dynoed @ 240 rwhp with the guru chips.
Whats that in real money Or another way what rwhp did you put out prior to the installation of the chip?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Billy W
Racer

I dynoed the car stock @ 190 rwhp. Popped in Authorithy Stage 2 chips and hit 220 rwhp, and then put in the Guru chips and hit 240 rwhp. The chips have been very good for me, the boost is a kick in the seat now instead of the factory roll on. And yes all of the runs were back to back completed in less than an hour.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Originally posted by Billy W
I dynoed the car stock @ 190 rwhp. Popped in Authorithy Stage 2 chips and hit 220 rwhp, and then put in the Guru chips and hit 240 rwhp. The chips have been very good for me, the boost is a kick in the seat now instead of the factory roll on. And yes all of the runs were back to back completed in less than an hour.

Niccccccce.....

I have the guru chips, It felt good, but my BPV has been giving me problems, so after I install my new BPV, maybe I'll feel a difference..
Old 01-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Wow...makes me really happy I paypaled Danno my $300 this afternoon.
At the Feb 15 PCA track event I'm going to have a lot more power.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:07 PM
superjet.1
Pro

? read the threads $$$$ thats all im saying
Old 01-23-2004, 09:17 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Guru chips this week and a friend ordered his at the same time with me. Got mine installed last night and dropped them off to my friend for his car, won't be till this next week before either of us gets to try them out though. He's putting in a new wiring harness in his racecar and my battery cables from Iceshark and new turbo coolant pump won't be here for a couple of more days.

Had to wait a bit because of the holidays, but everything I've ordered lately has been coming in slow....making it terribly annoying wanting to get my car back on the road.

I did drop you an email about getting your chips a while back superjet, but I never did hear back from you, so I went ahead with the Guru chips.....

I wish there was a dyno closer here, I removed my Autothority chips last night (they have a Weltmeister sticker on them but I have the original Autothority pack they came in....) and the copyright on them is 1996!!!! I guess there has been a lot learned in the 8 years since then on tuning these cars
Old 01-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Highlander944
Advanced

Turbo944... you wouldn't happen to live in PA... I mean it's funny to hear you upgrading to the Guru chips. Especially right after the turbo water pump. ... that was Wednesday night.

I can't say what my car would dyno at.. but I can give you my impression.

The boost bolt... royal pain to figure out how to fit it in. Use the instructions to figure out which way to put the bolt on... then burn em. Buy 2 extra clamps... before you go to install at 10pm and find out you need two more and all stores are closed.

Make sure you put a BIG cloth beneath the FPR. When u remove the old FPR it dumps a nice amount of fuel. Make sure that other FPR looking thing is nice and snug... my new FPR seemed to cause a bit of leaking around the threads.

The results.... well... in a word... AWESOME!!

From the time I turned the key, the car ran more smoothly. I mean even in idle it seemed 'happier'. The extra kick is dangerous! I hit the accelerator in 1st gear and red lined in nothing flat. I hit the accelerator in 2nd gear and smoked tire! By the time I got to 3rd I was over 70. At 2.0+ Bar in 3rd I was pressed in my seat the way the car used to press me back in 2nd gear!!

I think you will be extremely satisfied with your 'little' upgrade. I would highly recommend that kit to everyone!! I just wish all this stuff was a little cheaper.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:42 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

LOL.....nope, I'm down here in east TN, not far from the Bristol Motor Speedway/Dragway. I can hear the cars there from here.

Yeah, I started to try and rebuild it based on someone else having good luck with that here on the list in a search I did, but I just made it worse So I figured it's time to be replaced anyway. Same with that broken positive wire on my battery. I could have just replaced the terminal connection that was broken off, but decided to just upgrade to Iceshark's stuff and be done with it as they are pretty old.

Hehe....I already have an MBC installed on a dual-port wastegate that does a great job holding my boost and I have the 993TT recirculating valve and have taken the cycling valve out of the equation. Also with an adjustable FPR, I now just plug a fuel pressure gauge in and set 3-bar on it and I'm ready to go! In fact, I have the Reliaboost already gone/sold and the 3.0 bar FPR sold too.

I'm definitely looking forward to cranking it up this coming week!!!! It's been about 6 weeks since I've even driven it with the holidays and such...and I'm getting terrible boost deprivation psychosis

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours!!!! And Danno has about the best prices on an upgrade like this that you can find. Most other chipsets are still over $400!!! Way to go to Danno for offering what seems to be the best chipset upgrade out there at the best price by far.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Turbo944, would you sell me your old chips for dirt cheap? I need something to experiment with.

Thanks
Sam
Old 01-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

What version chip did you get from danno? I got chips from him a month or 2 ago but mine has a "stairstep" effect when coming on boost, it kinda surges. This wasn't present with the Autothority chips. Danno said he was working on a new version and would send me a set but I haven't seen anything yet.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:28 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Posted by 944turbo:
I wish there was a dyno closer here, I removed my Autothority chips last night (they have a Weltmeister sticker on them but I have the original Autothority pack they came in....) and the copyright on them is 1996!!!! I guess there has been a lot learned in the 8 years since then on tuning these cars

I have a set of Autothority chips I purchased in 1991.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:29 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

The ones I got are said by Danno to be version 8 for me. I won't know how they run until I get it started up this week. Although I've been very tempted to just hook some things together and start it up just to see if it still runs Wondering what I'm going to forget when I put it all back together....

Have you checked your FQS switch setting Bones? Danno's instructions are here on how to set it: http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/FQS-adjust.html I'd check and make sure you were on setting one, check for vacuum leaks, etc. Might be now that you are seeing a clogged injector or something with the higher pressure fuel regulator. Maybe time for some injector cleaner and/or maybe to change the fuel filter. I'd go over all of the other elements to make sure that nothing else is the culprit.....new chips won't help a clogged fuel filter trying to deliver more fuel.

Sam, PM me with what you think is "dirt cheap" and we'll see what we can do. I hesitate to have them sold before I make sure I'm up and running okay with the new ones, but as soon as I do that, they are gone as their sale is to help me recoup a bit on my Guru chip purchase. My original idea was to sell them on Ebay, I've watched to see what the Autothority chips go for on there lately.

Jimbo, that's amazing....I have some old Excellence magazines and some European car magazines from then and even earlier with the chips in them. I think I even still have some Performance Products catalogs from that time as they had some really nice Porsche pictures in them and had those for sale! Wonder how often (if ever) they updated their stuff over the years?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Bones944
but mine has a "stairstep" effect when coming on boost, it kinda surges. This wasn't present with the Autothority chips.
Same here, except replace autothority w/europroducts. Please let me know if this goes anywhere. My car's also not very smooth coming off boost. Both problems are most evident at part throttle by a big margin.
Ahmet

Quick Reply: Dynoed with 'essential upgrade kit'