gpr8er
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Rennsport Reunion VI pics

Old 10-07-2018, 04:51 PM
gpr8er
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some pics from last weekend at RR VI. Porsche brought over many of the museum cars including the Follmer 917/10 and the Donahue 917/30. Both were immaculately prepared and looked like NEW. They both ran on track amazingly. And David Donahue drove his father's car on track Sunday afternoon, epic. IMO the 917/30 is the baddest race car in all of motorsports history.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:54 PM
gpr8er
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 10-07-2018, 06:57 PM
gpr8er
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 10-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Porvair
User

Great pics! I was there with a bunch of fellow NYers. Sensory overload.
Agreed that the 917's are the most gorgeous cars ever raced. Unfortunately, one of them (I Believe Canepa's) got rear-ended in practice laps Sat. Not too bad, probably only 10 or 15 951's in damage...
Old 10-08-2018, 07:30 PM
grgallo
Addict
Rennlist Member

superb, over the top, massive thanks... can I ask a favor? post on air-cooled 911 forum, I visit this forum and that one. I'm sure the RLs there would love these.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Noahs944
Addict
Rennlist Member

WOWZERZ.Thank you!
Old 10-11-2018, 10:02 PM
DarrenD
User

Thanks for all the pics. My brother and I flew from Toronto to check it out and rented a monster motorhome and stayed trackside. Absolutely the most epic event I've ever been to. My brain is still trying to process everything we saw.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:50 AM
SoloRacer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gpr8er View Post
I went to Rennsport V and came down with the family and some friends to Rennsport VI. Always amazing the cars you see. The biggest difference between V and VI was this time they had a ton of the past drivers and factory guys and it was so easy to get an autograph and talk to them. Norbert Singer, Hans Mezger, Vic Elford, Mark Webber, Derek Bell, George Follmer, Hurly Haywood, Patrick Long, Jacky Ickx, Bobby Rahal, Kees Nierop, Brian Redman, Jorg Bergmeister, Chad McQueen and many, many more. I got autographs and talked to them all. How many will be back for the next one? Where else would a guy from northern Canada get the chance to meet all these legends?

I recognized all the cars and settings you posted as I have similar pictures. However, I don't recognize this venue. Was this taken at Laguna? I really wanted to get a look at the GT1 in this picture and it would bum me out if it was there and I missed it.

Last edited by SoloRacer; 10-12-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:20 AM
SoloRacer
Addict
Rennlist Member

A cool 356, one of many on site.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 AM
SoloRacer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some 956, 962, GT1 action
Old 10-12-2018, 02:25 AM
SoloRacer
Addict
Rennlist Member

A nice 924 race car

How about a tent full of 959's?

Cool vintage Porsche race car. I think this one was on loan from the Peterson Museum. We visited the museum after Rennsport and they were selling posters of this car.

Even electric power represented by the Mission E
Old 10-13-2018, 12:15 AM
gpr8er
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer View Post
I went to Rennsport V and came down with the family and some friends to Rennsport VI. Always amazing the cars you see. The biggest difference between V and VI was this time they had a ton of the past drivers and factory guys and it was so easy to get an autograph and talk to them. Norbert Singer, Hans Mezger, Vic Elford, Mark Webber, Derek Bell, George Follmer, Hurly Haywood, Patrick Long, Jacky Ickx, Bobby Rahal, Kees Nierop, Brian Redman, Jorg Bergmeister, Chad McQueen and many, many more. I got autographs and talked to them all. How many will be back for the next one? Where else would a guy from northern Canada get the chance to meet all these legends?

I recognized all the cars and settings you posted as I have similar pictures. However, I don't recognize this venue. Was this taken at Laguna? I really wanted to get a look at the GT1 in this picture and it would bum me out if it was there and I missed it.
Actually that pic is from the Porsche Experience in Carson CA. About 15 miles from home.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...er-los-angeles

Somehow mixed in with my other pics. Wifey sent me there for my birthday present.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: