Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Paragon Products Billet BPV

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paragon Products Billet BPV

I recently purchased the Paragon billet peferomance BOV. It's supposed to flow 10 CFM more air than stock, and is supposed to have a much stronger diaphragm. I knew it was going to be a good quality piece, but I didn't think it was going to be so BIG!. Dayyum, this thing is HUGE.

I'm going to have to see how this baby performs when I install it. As far as quality is concerned, it's real good, and it's very light.

Well, anyway, thought you guys should know if any of you were thinking about buying it.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by Silverbullet951; 01-22-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:20 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Very nice, but you're terminology is not quite correct. A true BOV vents to atmoshere. Yours is a bypass valve. It's nice, and will definitely get the job done, but it's just different than a BOV.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Christian,
This may be a dump question (still learning about my 951S)...why did you need to replace this and what do you expect to benefit as a result of this mod?
Thanks much.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:54 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Rick,alot of people replace the old weak plastic bypass valve with a more stronger unit.the old plastic ones tend to tear its diaphram and the will lead to a huge vaccum lead....which ultimately leads to lose of power.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Originally posted by SeaCay
Very nice, but you're terminology is not quite correct. A true BOV vents to atmoshere. Yours is a bypass valve. It's nice, and will definitely get the job done, but it's just different than a BOV.
Yea, I actually know that, but I'm just so used to saying BOV instead of BPV. I should have picked up on it. I was in a rush, but I know the exact meaning of both. The BPV that I bought is supposed to flow 10 CFM more air so I'm assuming that it will definitely help the turbo to stay spooled. How much power do you guys think I could have been losing due to a non functional BPV?

I'm sure I'll be able to feel a difference.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Doc
Racer

Rick,

It's not a dumb(p) question... the By Pass Valve is designed to keep your turbo from overspooling [too much pressure] when you lift off the gas after hard excelleration. The factory units diaphram have a tendancy to tear[wear out] too often, the net result of which is a loss of boost pressure and slower response of the turbo with a loss of HP overall.

It's such an issue, I know of people who replace theirs before *every* race. So... a more rugged BPV/BOV is more desireable for those who race or tend to drive their cars hard.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also known as a DV or Diverter Valve. Why nit pick part names, they are different from about every manufacturer on earth.

BTW - I am also very happy with my Stratmosphere DV/BOV/BPV

Quick Reply: Paragon Products Billet BPV