Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Parts that you need FS

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:22 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Was Michael affected by the storm on the east coast? Reason for no contact?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:31 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Was Michael affected by the storm on the east coast? Reason for no contact?
Hmm, I don't think so, heard from him last on 9/10 though.

Was there Florence damage that far north..?

Chk pms.

T

Old 09-26-2018, 12:36 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

PM sent.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Guys, there was some interest in the billet camshafts in the opening post of this thread after all three sets were sold out.
Me and Max Energy bought all three sets.

There is a set available that we will not be using for the original sale price of $800 for a pair.

You get 1 ea, intake and exhaust cam with the bearing surfaces already machined and roughed in lobes large enough for any lift/duration profile.
Each camshaft is three pieces, a front section with a male dowel, the rear section with female dowel receiver and a bolt on (and timing adjustable) cam chain sprocket.

These cams also utilize the most rearward bearing journal that is usually just plugged with a pin and seal for more stability at higher rpm.

Here is a way for you to have a higher performance camshaft profile with the ability to adjust timing of each camshaft individually without the complication of using two external belt driven sprockets.

PM if interested.

T

Last edited by 951and944S; 10-23-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Guy, there was some interest in the billet camshafts in the opening post of this thread after all three sets were sold out.
Me and Max Energy bought all three sets.

There is a set available that we will not be using for the original sale price of $800 for a pair.

You get 1 ea, intake and exhaust cam with the bearing surfaces already machined and roughed in lobes large enough for any lift/duration profile.
Each camshaft is three pieces, a front section with a male dowel, the rear section with female dowel receiver and a bolt on (and timing adjustable) cam chain sprocket.

These cams also utilize the most rearward bearing journal that is usually just plugged with a pin and seal for more stability at higher rpm.

Here is a way for you to have a higher performance camshaft profile with the ability to adjust timing of each camshaft individually without the complication of using two external belt driven sprockets.

PM if interested.

T
PM sent. I’ll take it.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:12 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by sm

PM sent. I’ll take it.
Your PM box is full.

I will post a couple pics tonight that explains all the features of these cams.

You are 1st in line if you want them after further description with pics.

I know for sure, straight up -0- is marked on the sprockets.

T
Old 10-24-2018, 06:57 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Several people interested in pics - (I can take more)

Like I said, each cam is two halves, bolted together at the chain drive gear. In the event that you ever pop a belt and damage the cam gears, this feature allows you to replace just the gear.
Cams come each boxed separately and marked ex front, exhaust rear, intake front and intake rear.
You get the sprockets 19T for S and S2 or 968 converted to S2 tensioner.
18T gears for 968 with retained variocam feature may be available.

Again, these run full length of the head, utilizing +1 cam bearing journal that factory did not use.
These cams should be more stable at high rpm and should insure more trueness at #4 cylinder, less chance of lift variation.
Timing per cam is adjustable, this is beneficial for timing each cam separately, a feature not allowed with even performance grinds as the sprockets are fixed.
Only other way you can accomplish this is to run two external belt sprockets, an expensive mod that requires modifications to the hood for clearance and even then, you'd need 2 exhaust cams with the sprocket drive snout.
We bought all three sets that were available and only need two.
These are rare parts, manufactured, best as I can tell from dates on boxes and newspaper filler, circa 1995.
As far as I know, this is it, there are no more.
Same price as purchased from 1st post in thread + shipping.

T
Old 10-24-2018, 07:25 PM
sm
Drifting

I replied to your PM. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:07 PM
951 puzzle
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you still doing the stock rod mod to accept clevit nascar bearings for a stock crank? cost?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:53 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by 951 puzzle
Are you still doing the stock rod mod to accept clevit nascar bearings for a stock crank? cost?
He just finished a set for me.

Was coupled with some other work but I think price is $350 with bearings.

I will ping MM and draw his attention to your request,

T
Old 02-05-2019, 11:14 PM
michaelmount123
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 133 Posts

The Rod Mod allows Clevite or ACL race quality 'H' bearings to be used in any 944 connecting rod including both factory and aftermarket rods. The Glyco rod bearings are too soft for performance applications and are prone to failure! The 'H' bearings addressed and virtually eliminated the Glyco rod bearing problem with the 911 engines.

Cost is $350. which includes checking the rods for length, balance, and wrist pin bushing wear, modifying the big end to accommodate the 'H' type bearing, and includes the rod bearing set. Factory torque specs are used.

Contact me via email for shipping and payment detail. Turnaround is usually one week or so.
michaelmount123@gmail.com
Old 11-04-2022, 09:23 AM
sm
Drifting

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Several people interested in pics - (I can take more)

Like I said, each cam is two halves, bolted together at the chain drive gear. In the event that you ever pop a belt and damage the cam gears, this feature allows you to replace just the gear.
Cams come each boxed separately and marked ex front, exhaust rear, intake front and intake rear.
You get the sprockets 19T for S and S2 or 968 converted to S2 tensioner.
18T gears for 968 with retained variocam feature may be available.

Again, these run full length of the head, utilizing +1 cam bearing journal that factory did not use.
These cams should be more stable at high rpm and should insure more trueness at #4 cylinder, less chance of lift variation.
Timing per cam is adjustable, this is beneficial for timing each cam separately, a feature not allowed with even performance grinds as the sprockets are fixed.
Only other way you can accomplish this is to run two external belt sprockets, an expensive mod that requires modifications to the hood for clearance and even then, you'd need 2 exhaust cams with the sprocket drive snout.
We bought all three sets that were available and only need two.
These are rare parts, manufactured, best as I can tell from dates on boxes and newspaper filler, circa 1995.
As far as I know, this is it, there are no more.
Same price as purchased from 1st post in thread + shipping.

T
Guys - I bought the last set of these cam blanks from T over four years ago (!) and never even opened the box that they were delivered in. I am cleaning out the garage so I am selling them. Please PM me if you're interested in purchasing them. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:46 PM
sm
Drifting

Originally Posted by sm
Guys - I bought the last set of these cam blanks from T over four years ago (!) and never even opened the box that they were delivered in. I am cleaning out the garage so I am selling them. Please PM me if you're interested in purchasing them. Thanks.
Bump..

Quick Reply: Parts that you need FS