Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Kokeln chips

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 12:40 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kokeln chips

Tried searching but came up with nothing. Are these chips very good on a stock car. I've heard gurus are the best but can someone give me info on the kokelns and maybe why they arnt the best or why people would want to use them instead of gurus?
Old 12-30-2003, 02:14 AM
vetblack
Instructor

I have the Kokeln chips in my car and they work great. I have not had any porblems with the chips since they were installed. Kokeln is a very reputable business and they are available during regular business hours. I have many other mods from Kokeln and they support their products well.

My friend has the guru chips (and their MAP kit). He likes their kit, but he did have to get a set of chips sent to him after the first set had a problem. Guru sent the chips out quickly and Travis was a big help on programing the MAP kit.

i don't think you will be disappointed with either set of chips.

Just one man's 2 cents... Hope it helps..
Old 12-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

In case anyone is interested, I have a set of 86-87 for sale.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another .02 worth,,I did not like the Kokeln software. AFter having it read on a chip reader, we were very surprised that the software was just a bit better than stock chips. When I was tuning my car early on, it ran so rich that it looked like a greyhound bus behind me. I jerked the software out, installed a set of Turbo Cup Car chips and immediately gained almost 30 hp on a dyno pull. There could have been a fault with the set of Kokeln chips I realize this and this was almost two years ago.

For stock cars - injectors and stock turbos - I think the two best set of chips out there are GURU and SteveR.
For modifying your car, bigger turbo(K27, Kokeln V, TO4B and injectors) I think GURUs K27v8d chips for 15 psi and K27v9a for 17-18 psi are the best, providing you are still running the factory AFM and have an AFPR. Don't forget here with the GURU chips to set the FQS switch to correct injector setting.

Quick Reply: Kokeln chips