Help! fuel cutoff wont restart - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Help! fuel cutoff wont restart

Old 02-05-2018, 12:53 AM
lsejnoha
User

Default Help! fuel cutoff wont restart

So this just happened and i am wondering why my car wont start after driving it today. One of the nipples on my cycling valve came disconnected and i was over boosting and hitting my fuel cutoff. so i had to restart the car while i was driving. it happened twice and after the second time i couldn't get it to start. Im thinking its something goofy but i cant figure out why i cant get it to start. checked my fuel pressure and was getting 40 psi but then it dropped off rapidly and didn't hold but i don't think this could cause a no startup issue. I thought maybe i flooded it but i understand i could have no spark somehow. Before the car died it was bogging out any idea what my be my problem. i feel it might be computer related because i was trying to restart it after the fuel had cut off and was giving it gas at the same time. I am wondering because i didn't give the car the ample amount of time to correct things that i may have fouled something out.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:16 AM
lsejnoha
User

Check the vaccum lines, and also check the various intake-tract hoses. Sometimes when you get that overboost situation it will blow some of these off their fittings. There’s some chance that it’s something worse (head gasket), but cranks-but-doesn’t start suggests something else.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Tom M'Guinn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Isejnoha, you are giving yourself good advice (??). That's what I was thinking -- i.e., that you blew off an intercooler coupler. If a close visual inspection reveals nothing, I'd (a) fix the CV valve, then (b) go back to basics: confirm power to the DME/KLR by looking for the boost gauge to show 1 with the key on and motor off (if not, check DME relay); then confirm tach bounces/twitches when you crank the motor (if not check speed/ref sensor connectors); then check for spark and fuel and work from there.