944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

968 turbocharging in Excellence

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003 | 09:19 PM
Miles968
Rennlist Member

Is this the Rennlist or is this 968.net?

Just trying to keep things in perspective
Old 12-28-2003 | 12:30 AM
TurboTim
Banned

John,

Why dont you give credit where credit is do? I did alot more the what you are implying. I spent hours welding the intake manifold, you didnt. I put together all the piping and finished it off so it was nice. I made the crossover pipe work. I didnt just weld a flange to the cat-back I built a merge collector that connected two 2" pipes to one 2.5" pipe. My point is that I had a good part in this project and you are trying to dismiss it, again! Trevor hasn't, why are you? Afterall, if John Anderson could have done it ALL then why did you come to me? I wont comment on your other statements but I will say that there is alot of inaccuracy on your part. Merry Christmas dude.

Last edited by TurboTim; 12-28-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-28-2003 | 01:14 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

You are correct Miles, thanks for bringing this back to earth. Had I known that this would have caused such friction between Tim and I, I would have just gone to the muffler shop to have the stuff done. I simply didn't have a welder at the time.

Trevor and I have talked, and we think its time to move it up a notch. Hopefully his Porsche will be at the shop by this weeks end to have the engine rebuilt, and the compression dropped. Again, Trevor does not want MAX HP, but we think its time his engine gets a freshen up (close to 200K on the clock I believe), so while we are at it, we will drop the compression a tad.

Any machine work outside our capacity has been handled by a machine shop local to us for our last few conversions. Infact, we may (hopefully) be able to post a few pictures of an intake manifold they helped us fabricate. THey have converted all of my drawings so they can be read by the CNC machines (CAD I guess), so its easier for us to tweak here and there. We asked that they machine the lower flange of the S2, and the 968 from billet aluminum so we could mate the 951 intake manifold with it. THey went further, by saying they could actually build the lower flang and runner section up to the bends, so that it is a perfect match! This would eliminate the existing overlap (at the point of the merge) in the past manifolds that had to be ground down.

Take Care,

Quick Reply: 968 turbocharging in Excellence