944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Link 2 / vitesse TO4E rocks.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003 | 11:00 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

I don't really know... All I can say is that I was out for a few hours tonight messing running my timing map and the boost control. I tell you, this car has been transfromed into a complete animal. I managed to get stable 15psi boost after finding suitable values for the closed loop boost control. I set my map limit to about 18psi in case of any unforseen spikes. I had many meetings with the map limiter Anyway, when this turbo hits > 16 psi, all hell breaks loose, there is a nice chill out side and the car was just loving it, screaming the tires in 2nd every time... The cool thing is it pulls nice and stong from really low down, the car feels like its been bored out.....

Anyway, as you can see I love my turbo, but in the midst of all this fun, with my timing map and my knock setting, I registered 3 knock events, probably when I ran into the rev limiter when I was spiking pretty bad....so I think my settings are about right. If I was logging I could have seen exactly when it occured.. maybe another time.

I would not get too hung up that our knock setting are not the same, just take a data log of knock values and plot them against rpm. There is really no right or wrong value, but if you use the data logging approach to baseline your engine noise characteristics, youi can't go wrong.

Man I love this set up.
Old 12-18-2003 | 12:12 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Yeah, I really like it also... still lots to do though! Can you send me your complete pcl again? Did the boost values off my file help?

Quick Reply: Link 2 / vitesse TO4E rocks.........