Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 trunklid badge

Old 01-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Asarus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what you're talking about...
This badge was in a kind of red and the same one was upper the glove box in the car.

These "Cup" badges were never used on the genuine track Turbo Cup but only for the French limited edition 944 Turbo S (called "street 944 Turbo Cup" in France)

Old 01-18-2004, 03:38 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

YES that's IT! I think that's the exact same pic I have too- was it YOU who sent it to me? I've never seen the badge on the glove box though- any pics of that? Do you know if it would be a part that could be bought as a replacement in France? I would LOVE to get something like that... ALSO, it looks as if the regular "Turbo" badge is mounted slightly further toward the left than normal- would make sense to have room for the "Cup" badge- might not be able to mount the "Cup" nadge w/out REmounting the "Turbo" one.... Has anyone ever seen any other shots of these badges?
Old 01-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Asarus
Pro

This is a picture i took in 2001 or 2002 and that was hosted on my website. Here is another picture from another car

I think this Cup emblem is no longer available...
As you said, the Turbo emblem is mounted a bit more on the left to make room for the Cup badge.

PS: i will see if i have a picture of the inside Cup badge, if not i will take one next time i see the Cup
Old 01-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot for the pic- that ones shows that the "turbo" is mounted to the left much more clearly as it's a streighter shot- I like the color of that second car a lot too- looks like Glacier blue- I would LOVE to have one of those badges- next time you see one, take a screwdriver w/you &.... No, I'm just kidding! Actually, now that I think about it, I can see that happening to ME if I were ever to find one for MY car... I wonder how hard ot would be to find someone to just make a badge like that(?)- BTW- was there ever a "Cup" version w/ONLY the word "Cup" or was this the only type you're aware of? I may just be dreaming about another- I'm also pretty sure it weas you who sent me the first pic of this badge- I've asked about these a few times on this list over the last few years...Do you, or anyone else here, have any idea how many Cup cars were sent to France that might have had these badges? I wonder if any could be found in junk yards there? Pretty unlikely as I'm sure there weren't too many to begin with... WAS this just the same thing as the Turbo S, only CALLED the Turbo Cup in France? There were a lot of special versions of these cars that aren't well known... Also, I wonder how it would look to have "951 Cup" instead of "Turbo" or "Turbo Cup"- I've thought of trying to get an "S" from another car & add it to form "Turbo S"- some of the Porsche scripts on badges didn't even match from one part to the next on certain cars & really looked pretty cool- like "S4" from "928 S4" IIRC....

Thanks again for the info & pics...
Old 01-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Asarus
Pro

You're right. This car is a 944 Turbo S but was called "Turbo Cup" in France for commercial purposes (easier to use the race benefits of the real Cup cars). There were 104 units of this car produced for France, and all with the same Turbo + Cup badges, and a Cup badge above the glove box. This was only for the street Turbo S in France, and was never used for the track cup cars, that only have "Turbo" badges (but much more interesting stuffs ! )

Old 01-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Man- you've got all kinds of cool pics & info & such.... I've copied all these pics so far- BTW- that convertible- what kind of wheels are those? They look almost like a Mercedes wheel- is that a Turbo Cup convertible? I know of several US cars w/the "Turbo" decal on the hood like that one- I'm not sure I would really want that on my car, but I do like it- very unique. Please let me know if you ever track down a pic of the glove box badge- PM me, e-mail, me, whatever, or just post it- I'm sure other's here would like to see it... Porshce really did do a lot of unique things- I like my "porsche" inscribed cloth seats (Porsche script)- well, I like the way they look & the cloth itself, but I hate the seats- all Porsche seats except for the later 12-way elec adj & heated Sport seats- BTW- they weren;'t NEARLY as heavy as most people think, ~40lbs each- they also had some Porsche script cloth door panels & "Porsche" indentation on the upper section of some earlier door panels & they hasd options like full leather dashes (although they really aren't very durable at all from what I understand & they are ~$7K to replace)- I have a pic somewhere of inner door handles w/Porsche crests on them- might be little stickers that were added later, but, looked kind of cool anyway- I just bought some Lloyds mats w/"Turbo" embroidered on them & had some Porsche crest patches sewn into them in the middle underneath the word "Turbo"- ended up costing me ~$25 by the time I paid for the patches, but, I had bought t he mats for $79, so, close to $105 total, & they do look really nice & are pretty original- not sure it was really worth it, but.. anyway, enough rambling... I'd just like to find something a little more unique for the badge & I really do like those "Cup" badges the more I look at them...

Thanks again.
Robby
Old 01-18-2004, 02:33 PM
eniac
Drifting

Default Pic of my 951 badge

On my car the 951 is just a vinyl sticker I had made. It matches the Turbo badge very well. Can't even notice until you look up close.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

eniac- that link wouldn't work for me- is there something wrong w/the link or is it just my computer/connection? Any other pics? I'd love to see it...
Old 01-19-2004, 02:54 AM
eniac
Drifting

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eniac- that's really nicew loooking- I like it... I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but, I kind of wanted to get some badges made that said "951 Cup"- two parts maybe, but... "951 Turbo" seemed cool too, but, I never thought of seperating two badges, whatever they were, like you did & having one on the other side of the car- looks cool...
Old 02-15-2004, 04:42 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

resurrection time... ok, no more hijacking

John, are you still considering making more of the 951 badges?? I also never got to see a pic of yours to confirm that the one I saw was one of them.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:24 AM
davekempnich
5th Gear

Bump.

Does anyone have any leads on where to buy these "Cup" badges or have a design file so I could have them manufactured?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 951 trunklid badge