16 valve 3.0 turbo rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUH???

There is only one adjustment on the cam timing of the S2 (or 968) head.
The cams are timed together. There are marks on the sprockets that HAVE TO line up with 8 links of chain in between them (I think it's 8 outer links... gotta check that one, memory failing). If you are out on that timing, then your car will not run correctly. The cam timing adjustment on the cam belt sets the timing for BOTH of the cams. You use the dial indicators to set that timing. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CAMS TIMED TOGETHER CORRECTLY.

Sorry, but that's kind of important.

BTDT.

Dal.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:41 AM
MHT
Burning Brakes

you fabricated the intake and exhaust, what did you do for the throttle body? If you used the turbo part you can open up the by-pass screw to raise the idle speed, once you get past the point where the idle stabilizer is closed the ecu no longer can reduce idle speed and you control it with the screw, if you used the s2 throttle body you could use the throttle stop screw to crack the throttle and then move the TPS, you might have to slot the mounting ears, until it registered idle again.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:20 AM
AutoX

I actually made a custom throttle body , I cant increase the air scew any farther open but I can readjust the butterfly valve. So I'm basically going to keep letting air in until the idle control is closed , and cold start should be fine because it actually opens the idle control until it warms up then closes . Funny thats how the older 944 works .Thanks I will try it.

Quick Reply: 16 valve 3.0 turbo rough idle