Autothority 951 chips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 AM
lsejnoha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Autothority 951 chips?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-88-Porsch...wAAOSwjVVVsKEW

Can anyone please identify these chips correctly. Ad says easy plug n play but does anyone know if I need a MB enhancer with these chips or are these the chips that automatically increase HP. Or does anyone know what the exact specs are on these chips are.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:38 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are late firmware edition chips. They do not use a MBC they ONLY use the banjo bolt, use the MBC and you'll cry the HG. The chips with banjo are programmed with fuel trim to be rich in the middle and drop off fast at WOT and the MBC does not do this it hold boost longer and without the fuel your toast.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Those are later firmware edition chips. They do not use a MBC they ONLY use the banjo bolt, use the MBC and you'll fry the HG. The chips with banjo are programmed with fuel trim to be rich in the middle and drop off fast at WOT and the MBC does not do this it hold boost longer and without the fuel your toast.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:50 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

I will try to post a pic of what you need
Old 08-28-2017, 08:21 PM
ekoz
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if I had the exact chips, but I fried a whole engine by making "minor mods" with chips. Can't stress the importance of a verified good tune with each engine change unless you like writing four figure checks.

I realize this isn't the exact answer to your question and to be fair to autothority....the previous owner had the car set up and tuned with authority chips and the car ran great for a long time. Until current owner wanted more power and added MBC.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:54 PM
jeffro951
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Naplesguy06
Those are later firmware edition chips. They do not use a MBC they ONLY use the banjo bolt, use the MBC and you'll fry the HG. The chips with banjo are programmed with fuel trim to be rich in the middle and drop off fast at WOT and the MBC does not do this it hold boost longer and without the fuel your toast.
How did you come to this conclusion? I have 2 sets of auto authority chips that came with a car I bought and would like to know exactly what they are.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:20 PM
jeffro951
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took some pics of some of the chips I have. Help identifying them would be appreciated.
After looking at the chips today I can see the Guru chips say k27/8 but still would like to know what the auto authority chips are for. I have another set of auto authority chips that are marked "stage 2". I will take pics of those when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Autothority 951 chips?