Notices
944 Cup/Spec944 For discussion involving the 944 Cup series including drivers, officials, and other interested parties.

83 944 Spec Car for sale @ $9999

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:19 PM
dhubbard
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 944 Spec Car for sale @ $9999

944 racing fans, I'm selling my '83 944 Spec car. It's in amazing shape, has a log book and ready to race. I spent about $25k building it out, just have hardly raced it in the past couple of years. Turn key, beautiful and ready to roll. Have log book and more photos. $9999 if you are interested.

I completely stripped out the interior, repainted it, took out all the HVAC system, AC, etc. Hired a cage builder to weld the cage in, bought a new OMP WRC racing seat, MOMO steering wheel and shifter. Did all the other required safety work like drivers nets on window and passenger side, fire extinguisher, kill switch, etc.

On the exterior, I had the car repainted by a local guy. It turned out good, but didn't over do it given it's a track car. I also had Fordahl Racing do the entire suspension setup with new shocks, ground control camber plates, torsion bars, the works (around $3000). I also replaced the brake lines to stainless steel, removed the catalytic converter, etc.

I pulled the motor and did all the seals, clutch, engine mounts, replaced all the belts, the coolant tank. Had a shop do the oil pan baffle modification (this is so the car doesn't starve itself with oil under hard cornering). The engine runs perfect and doesn't lose a drop of oil.

I have one set of cookie cutter rims with brand new street tires (it's still street legal technically) and one set of phone dials that I painted black with Toyo track tires (about 50% wear).

Happy to talk on the phone if you want as well. My number is four-two-five-591-3506. I've bought and sold cars all over the country, so I can help arrange shipping if you want.
Here are some more photos. The car is still street legal. The only thing that doesn't work are the headlights.I never bothered to fix them since I don't use them on the track.

Quick Reply: 83 944 Spec Car for sale @ $9999