944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Lloyd mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 07:58 PM
se951an
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lloyd mats

Currently having problems with Lloyd mats as to why the notch is cut out of the drivers side mat. When I google image 944 turbo factory floor mats this comes up. Can anyone verify this is an actual factory mat? the rep is telling me "This picture attached is definitely not factory mats since PORSCHE would not put Turbo on their mats" Seperatley, does anyone know why the notch is actually cut out of the drivers side? They are saying its a clearance issue with the seat adjuster. Im questioning them. As I write this they are offering to send me a mat free of to my specification if I provide a template. Am I the first person to question them?
Attached Images   
Old 06-18-2015, 08:02 PM
se951an
5th Gear

First post; wrong forum. HA and pic is jacked
Old 06-18-2015, 09:17 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two sets of Lloyds mats. One set came with the car and another new set I got for Christmas the year before last. Neither set have that cutout or slits as shown in your pics. The set that came with the car has 'turbo' on then, the new set has 'Porsche' on them.

My wife also got me the mat for the rear hatch. I've been bummed since the day I put them in because the 'Porsche' on the rear hatch mat is quite obviously not centered. This was pointed out to me several time at the one car show I took it to.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:22 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 501 Posts

I had black mats once, said PORSCHE in red, that had the same notch. Don't know if they were Lloyd's though.

The car came with some light tan mats with PORSCHE in black and it had the weird dead pedal cover too, also had the notch.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 PM
se951an
5th Gear

clarification. the smaller pic is what I'm assuming factory mats look like. the larger pic (sorry) is what the "notch" looks like in newly ordered lloyds mats. Lloyd mats can have anything embroidered on them. My reasoning for the clarification is because I'm trying to tell Lloyds, who says the cutout is because of clearance issues with the adjuster, that the cutout is unnecessary.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:26 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

I have to correct...

The mats which came with my car are factory mats and say Porsche on them (not turbo). They do not have the cutout at the rear of the drivers seat but have the holes in both corners for the latches under the seat. They do not have the flap for the dead pedal and do not have the pad for the driver's heels.

The Llyods mats I got for Christmas DO have the cutout as shown in your picture. There is absolutely no reason for it to be there. I didn't notice it before this thread. now I'm bummed for two reasons...
Old 06-19-2015, 12:20 AM
se951an
5th Gear

ha, thanks. The woman that responded from Lloyds said "we have sold thousands of mats without problem" I guess its not noticeable if you move the seat forward however Im 6'5" and always have the seat all the way back. I think notch looks silly
Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 AM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Your mats appear to be true Lloyd's mats, but I don't know what year your 944 is.
I met with Lloyd's about the drivers mat notch and the trunk mat fitment. Here's what I found out.

The reason the "notch" is there is because the 944 model year that you ordered it for comes with a power driver seat. The motor assembly under the driver's seat will hang and bunch up on the un-notched mat when the seat is moved forward. If you don't move the seat, then you can order a mat for an earlier year that comes without a driver power seat so that you won't have the notch.

BTW, I found the people at Lloyd's to be very accommodating and eager to make their mats fit perfectly. I ordered a rear deck mat that didn't fit well. I took the 944 there and they made a template of my rear deck area. The mat they made fit better than the Porsche carpeting!

I have no association with them other than being a VERY satisfied customer. Very.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:46 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

PaulD - can you please pm me a contact for Lloyds? They are in SoCal?

Do you know if they are now using or still have the rear deck template from your visit? The notch for the spare tire bump on mine could definitely use some work, and it sure would be nice to have the script centered. I hardly ever enter car shows, but I've skipped out on two over the past year and a half now because of it being off centered...

Quick Reply: Lloyd mats