Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Looking for info on using Lindsey Racing "Ultra Motor mounts" on my 944S2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
jacuco98
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info on using Lindsey Racing "Ultra Motor mounts" on my 944S2.

I am looking for more durable motor mount solution for my 89, 944S2. I found a design by Lindsey Racing called the Ultra mount. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this design? My last after market pair only lasted 2 years.. looking for a longer, more robust solution.
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only had mine installed a month when my car was totaled. I liked them for the short time I had them.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, LR sells racing parts. Do intend to turn your car into a race car or is it a Daily Driver? The Semi-Solid MM you show will last a long time. The amount of chassis vibration is slightly less than the Solid MM which will jar your fillings out, BUT you will still hear new noises and feel the vibration. Aftermarket MM are cheap in more ways than cost. Some last a year while others you'll get a couple years out of them. If you have to pay someone else to replace them for you, you will do the same over again when the EL Cheapo MM fails again. BUY OEM Motor Mounts Only, I know the cost is outrageous. I hate paying their cost, but you will not have to replace them for another 10 years or so. Besides It is a PITA job to do it over and over because you cheaped out on MM.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't heard of anyone complaining that the Lindsey ultra mounts wore out and the vibration level was not much more than the factory mounts.

I would not recommend other cheap replacement mm's. Either go with the Lindsey mounts or stick to factory original.

Last edited by azbanks; 01-08-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for info on using Lindsey Racing "Ultra Motor mounts" on my 944S2.