oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 02:06 PM
fourniem76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy oil pressure problem

Good day everyone,

well ...The startup after my first rebuild of a 944 engine is not going very smoothly !!! I had already posted threads on building oil pressure & spark problems...

Now... I have another problems... The cars cranks and starts fine... but oil pressure is 0...and the oil filter gasket blows... I have changed the oil filter...same thing... I have also taken the oil pressure relief valve apart, found that the piston was seized ... same problem. .. Just for the hell of it I reinstalled the oil pressure relief valve without the spring & tried it... The car ran, still no oil pressure, and no blown oil filter gasket...

don't know where to look now ... any thoughts ??

Thank you,
Old 07-25-2003, 10:43 PM
fourniem76
Advanced

Hello everyone,

well the problem seems solved. I found the solution by doing a search in the rennlist archives. It was a misalignement of the oil pressure relief valve... Really sensitive ... after a few trys of loosening the housing and moving it a bit in order to feel no interference when screwing/unscrewing the valve... finally got it... the valve has to screw in easily by hand..otherwise it does not work....

Thanks again to Rennlist...

Michel.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:29 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

You may prefer to post to the broader 924/944/951/968 forum. It gets A LOT more traffic.

Glad to hear you solved the mystery.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

there is a special tool to do that alignment also available from most suppliers...also the earlys are different (and the tool) and also earlys have an improved 1 piece valve but you still use the old 'early' alignmant tool
Old 07-26-2003, 07:40 PM
fourniem76
Advanced

Thank's Tom,

I have seen the tool advertised... and will definitely buy it... for the next rebuild...

has anyone ever deleted the sotck oil/water cooler and gone to the standard racing cooler ?? that is a route that I would like to investigate.. remember...this is for a race only car...

Thx,

Michel.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

I believe the 951 set up works on the 944

there is an aftermarket that replaces (moves) the oil filter for a cooler hook up

Quick Reply: oil pressure problem