944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Where to get Magnecors for 944S

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:53 PM
seggy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Where to get Magnecors for 944S

Hi everyone, just got a 1987 944S, and while cleaning the car up, I noticed the plug wire boots are brittle and cracked.

I'd like to get Magnecor's 8.5mm plug wires but I can't seem to find them around here. Anybody know where I can get it around the San Francisco Bay Area? Or any cheap online source?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are plenty of places, just do a google search.

But magnecor has a problem with the boots tearing. I understand it is even worse with the S.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:20 PM
seggy
Instructor

Magnecor's catalog lists a set for the 944, but not the 944S, and Steve at Magnecor replied to my email saying that they don't currently make a set for the S, so... I guess those other sources are specific to the 944.

I'm not too sure why there's a difference, though. I assume it's just the lengths.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paragon Products has an 8mm set with Beru connectors. They are about the same price as OEM - $209.

I have a set in black and I like them very much - the wires & insulation are noticeably larger than the OEM wires.

<a href="http://www.smartcart.com/Paragon/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=09383S" target="_blank">8mm Plug Wires</a>
Old 01-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Michael Stephenson:
[QB]Paragon Products has an 8mm set with Beru connectors. They are about the same price as OEM - $209.

I have a set in black and I like them very much - the wires & insulation are noticeably larger than the OEM wires.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">I concurr. I just got a set of these "Kingsborne" wires from Paragon (in red of course) and they are very nice, with a perfect OEM style fit.

I would have gotten the Magnecors but Magnecor won't use the Beru connectors because of the built-in resistor and difficulty in wire termination. I think they've used Dodge Neon stuff for the S2 sets they have made and it doesn't fit that well.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:05 PM
seggy
Instructor

Guys, I went with your suggestion and installed the kingborne set from paragon, in blue. Looks cool, and together with new plugs, make my car feel much smoother now, like a whole new car again ;&gt;

Quick Reply: Where to get Magnecors for 944S